2000 AD > General

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Lawless vs. Thistlebone Rd 5 Heat 9

(1/5) > >>

Colin YNWA:
Round 5 was always going to be a quickie and in two weeks we are done. I’m thinking maybe next round we’ll go to one a day to give us more time to luxuriate (or for me to prep whatever’s next if I’m honest, not had to think about that for some time!) Anyway not much else to say except a week of more bastard hard choices!

Hate this one! I adore Lawless and I’ve not been afraid to say for me it would challenge for top spot…but at the cost of Thistlebone - damn! I think Thistlebone, alongside Brink and a couple of others have continued to stretch wonderfully what we think of as a 2000ad story. I feel both are utterly at home in the Prog and yet both feel so different to what’s gone before. But… well Lawless is pure, refined, hyper-charged Thrillpower…

Form book (note none of the remaining thrill appeared in Round 1 - all getting byes; so the form book starts at Round 2)

Lawless: Samizdat Squad; Chimpsky's Law; Mazeworld
Thistlebone: Tempest; Invasion; Chopper

Lawless - more info

VS

Thistlebone - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 11th August and the winner gets a place in Round 6 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need ‘um and can be bothered to follow ‘um there’s some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

moly:
Lawless

Magnetica:
Lawless.

Aaron A Aardvark:
Lawless.

rogue69:
Lawless

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version