Main Menu

FFT - What if? Tie 20 - Flesh Book 1 vs Flesh Book 2

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 October, 2022, 06:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.

Flesh Book1  - more info

VS

Flesh Book 2 - more info

What if we'd bent the rules? What if we'd allowed votes between specific books of different series? This was the first one that sprang to my mind as an interesting way to play with that idea. Yeah there are so many more it could have been but we can't be here that much more!

b]To Vote[/b] Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 7th October and the winner gets a place ... well nowt this is just for fun.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Hold on I thought all this nonsense was over? Well yeah but... see well I've explained that

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

rogue69

AlexF

Book 2 has Belardinelli, and that goes a LOOOONG way - but even in its best momemtns it can't hld a candle to the sheer madness of Book 1, from the opening epsiode which delivers on the promise of gore, to many child deaths, to the giant spiders attacking the compound, to the three headed ending, and of course

Old One Eye.

Flesh Book 1.

(but the best book in the series overall is Midnight Cowboys)

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

It has to be BOOK ONE. That first episode alone was perhaps Pat's crowning achievement in that first prog, but that it got *even more insane* as it went on, is remarkable.

Book Two is almost as good- and yes, it has Bellardinelli- but in the end the nostalgia for the original trumps it.

SBT

maryanddavid

Colin YNWA

I'll count this one up in the morning if you fancy voting.

sintec

This basically comes down to Bellardinelli art in book 2 vs the better story in book 1. I love me some Bellardinelli art but never the less my vote is with book 1

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

The choice was clear and so was the result. Book 2 has some super moments, but a terrible rushed ending - as was the way back then and just doesn't feel as perfectly formed as its originator. I did wonder if the love for Belardinelli art was going to sway this this other way, he does astonishing work with glorious Ol' Hungry. But Old One Eye and the cast of cowboy food. The cranking tension and the fact it doesn't over stay its welcome mean

Flesh Book 1

take to like a t-rex with 3 human heads.