Main Menu

Fleetway Files - The next step for Hibernia Comics

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 November, 2020, 08:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

broodblik

Coming soon is a collection of "The Indestructible Man" from 1960s comic JAG, drawn by Jesus Blasco (perhaps best known for his work on "The Steel Claw" for Valiant), and Hibernia have kindly shared this advance Work in Progress cover, to give us an early hint of how the series will continue.

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

Never heard of it but I'll be giving it a go that's for sure - like the cover image.

Its interesting maybe this line is why we aren't getting stuf from the Treasury used for the floppie. Its turned out there's plenty of commercial value in them. Which is great news - if not for the floppie.

BPP

Track down the rights to the Blake 7 comic - Steve Dillon, David Lloyd, john Cooper, mick Austin and Ian Kennedy!
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Richard

The Corinthian

We want 'Glory Knight, Time Travel Courier' and we want it now!

Daveycandlish

Quote from: BPP on 02 December, 2020, 08:27:50 PM
Track down the rights to the Blake 7 comic - Steve Dillon, David Lloyd, john Cooper, mick Austin and Ian Kennedy!

This would be excellent and I'd definitely buy but I think the rights would be prohibitively expensive, at least for such a small enterprise.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

The Corinthian

I imagine Panini have the rights to the strips as they bought out Marvel UK while it was still publishing the poster magazines (and promptly shut it all down). Whether they'd be interested in licensing a Blakes 7 volume is another matter, but it would probably need the approval of Blakes 7 Media and possibly also the BBC.

Dash Decent

Quote from: BPP on 02 December, 2020, 08:27:50 PM

Going by the cover of the Tom Patterson Collection, we're getting some "Jake's 7" (from Jackpot, I seem to remember), so Rebellion are heading in the right direction...
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

maryanddavid

Blakes 7 would be a bit out of my comfort Zone tbh, I would imagine two sets of rights would have to be navigated, those that own the strips and those that own the IP.
I have another four collections agreed with Rebellion, more info on those later in the year!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: maryanddavid on 15 April, 2021, 10:38:36 PM
I have another four collections agreed with Rebellion, more info on those later in the year!

Wow is that four collections - as in you know what you are doing or more 4 slots you will fill with stuff to be determined? Either way that's very exciting can't wait to hear what you have planned.

davidbishop

Blakes 7 would be a bit out of my comfort Zone tbh, I would imagine two sets of rights would have to be navigated, those that own the strips and those that own the IP.

At last, news about The Worst of Bish=OP collection is emerging!
The Soul Sisters!
Dead Man Walking!
Together at last in one mighty volume!
I expected the press release back on the first of April, to be honest...

Woolly

Quote from: davidbishop on 16 April, 2021, 07:53:44 AM

At last, news about The Worst of Bish=OP collection is emerging!
The Soul Sisters!
Dead Man Walking!
Together at last in one mighty volume!
I expected the press release back on the first of April, to be honest...

I'll give you the Soul Sisters that's fair enough, but Dead Man Walking was great!

Colin YNWA

Yeah another vote for Dead Man Walking here. I mean sure it's not perfect and the future swearing - and folks shouting BITCH so much is annoying, but you now what it's an exciting thrill. Toying with B-movie cliche playfully.