Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: bedlamvr on 28 August, 2019, 02:17:18 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 28 August, 2019, 08:42:25 AM
I've always thought of the stock as being telescopic - it would slide in and out like a trombone...

Well if it also made the sound it would be an entirely different design flaw 😄

Not so good for stealth mode  :o
DDT did a job on me

abelardsnazz

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 August, 2019, 04:05:40 PM
Nor here. Is it Dante this week?

It is Dante, who's a no-show at my Thrill-merchant today so have ordered from Forbidden Planet.

Dandontdare

Pre-ordered the Dante book from FP - which was apparently dispatched on 26th, but no show (also I seem to have ordered two copies somehow - if they won't take one back, it'll be up for sale ... if they ever arrive!)

karlos

I find that the actual cherry picking via FP is fine BUT it's a crap shoot as to when they arrive - can be days, can be weeks.

My Dante has also already shipped but no sign as yet.

(Coluld be worse: I ordered 4 issues of the Legend of Batman/DC Graphic Novel Collection and they took nigh on 2 months to turn up!)

TordelBack

Has *anyone* see this volume in the wild? I've tried three reliable meatspace vendors and nowt. Is this the inopportune moment the UC disappears from the shelves, its space apparently taken by the inaugural issue of the Disney Baking Collection FFS?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 August, 2019, 02:31:39 PM
Has *anyone* see this volume in the wild? I've tried three reliable meatspace vendors and nowt. Is this the inopportune moment the UC disappears from the shelves, its space apparently taken by the inaugural issue of the Disney Baking Collection FFS?

My local newsie (well, the only one which carries the UC) never got the Alan Moore FS collection. Things got back on track after that, but they never got last fortnight's issue in (Strontium Dog). Haven't checked for Dante yet, but it does feel like distribution has suddenly got pretty spotty...
@jamesfeistdraws

karlos

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 29 August, 2019, 02:45:38 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 29 August, 2019, 02:31:39 PM

Popped into my local Smiths today and it still has SD vol. 6 on the shelves.

IndigoPrime

Distro's always been a mite spotty for these things. FP got the TF issues I ordered anything up to week after the official release dates. But everything really went to pot this year in general. Last year, subs were like clockwork. This year, like a broken clock that doesn't work.

Trooper McFad

I'v jumped in to pick up Dante 4 & 5 before they are sold out (added Kingdom to get free postage) hope I don't have delays or no shows as a few of you have with your regular subs 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Really enjoying Dante as only ever read bits and pieces over the years so reading all the missing parts is making it all make sense now. 😃
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Tomwe

My Dante 5 arrived from FP today. Progs are
2003, 1322-1328, 2004, 2005, 1420-1431, 1433-1436, 2006, 1487-1489, 1500-1501
Quite the spread!

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 29 August, 2019, 03:12:08 PM
But everything really went to pot this year in general. Last year, subs were like clockwork. This year, like a broken clock that doesn't work.

Mine were a month behind for the best part of 8 months but back on track now. Wondering if that's because I am a Premium subscriber. Us premiums seems to be up to date.

Sabreman64

As a former subscriber to the 2000 AD collection and as a current subscriber to Hachette's Routemaster and Terminator, I hope people won't mind if I have a little rant about Hachette.

I contacted Hachette yesterday via Facebook saying that I've not received a Terminator delivery in about two months and asking when I could expect the next delivery. They replied saying, "Please allow 7-14 working days for delivery." Er, that doesn't really answer my question. Especially since my online account gives 20th June as the most recent despatch of any issues (and I received those issues around the beginning of July).

I've also got a problem with my Routemaster subscription. Because my debit card had expired, I had an outstanding balance of £71.92. I paid this outstanding balance at the beginning of August, and supplied Hachette with my new card details. Now, a couple of days ago I've been charged a payment of £43.95. This £43.95 appears on my online Routemaster account, but I've no idea what the payment is for because, as with my Terminator subscription, the last date of any despatch of issues is 20th June.

What on earth is going on with Hachette? Why have I been having so much trouble with them all of a sudden in the last couple of months?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 29 August, 2019, 04:34:46 PMMine were a month behind for the best part of 8 months but back on track now. Wondering if that's because I am a Premium subscriber. Us premiums seems to be up to date.
What was your most recent set, and when did you get it? Tracking my sub back to last year, I should have received 53/54 on 16 August. Instead, I got 51/52 on 28 August.

Mattofthespurs

Same as Indigo, except a day earlier.

I was way behind (4 issues) 6 months ago.

Sabreman64

Just a quick follow-up to my post from yesterday. The reason I don't know what this £43.95 charge on the Hachette site for my Routemaster subscription is for is that it's usually £35.96 (four £8.99 issues). I don't know what the extra £7.99 is for. It may be for a binder, but I can't be sure as my account shows no despatches since 20th June.

Are any of you 2000 AD subscribers having problems recently with despatch dates not showing up in your online account?

(I apologise for asking about non-2000 AD publications in a 2000 AD forum. But as I said, I'm a former 2000 AD collection subscriber, and since the two subscriptions I'm having problems with are Hachette publications, I thought perhaps some of you 2000 AD subscribers might be having problems too.)