Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 07 September, 2019, 04:53:52 PM
Heresy!

Even if I were never to read them again it would spoil the tapestry of the spine art!

(Each to their own though  :))

I must admit that I was quite chuffed to discover that my only purchases (which will be Dante x 9) are sequential when it comes to the spine art.

sintec

The Dark Justice volume really is stunning - that's some top quality art throughout. It does feel like a book of two halves though and for me Dark Justice was maybe the stronger half. Fall Of Deadworld felt like it took a little while to really get going somehow.

Middenface really was the star of that Strontium Dog volume. He saved Royal Job which was otherwise unexciting and helped keep The Rammy Job ticking along (loved the ending but felt like the plot was a bit stretched out and retreading old stories). Stone Killers were the absolutely highlight of the book, superb S/D action. Incident on Zeta was a nice little one shot as were the 2 annual tales. No-Go Job just felt like an intro to a bigger tale though and the different art style really does take some getting used to.

Tomwe

Anyone picked up #54 yet? My copy's spine was out of whack so looking for a replacement. Hoping it's just a one off for the print run.

Robes

I still haven't received anything since issue 46 and it's been mor than two weeks since they said they posted all the issues to catch me up.  Starting to feel pretty bummed by this.

DrRocka

I've got 54, and my spine was dodgy too, even worse than Dark Justice was.
Never ever bloody anything ever

JSayonara

I only ever lurk here for info, but yeah, my book spine was well out of whack too, the art is actually wrapped into the front of the book.
Was wondering whether to return it to the shop where I have them reserved for me, but I'm betting this is going to be another "double book" thing again.

Tomwe

Well this isn't encouraging at all. I'll post a pic to the FB Page tomorrow and hopefully get them to feed back to Hachette.

JSayonara

I just did and there's already a post from someone else.
I'm thinking this is another "across the line" thing.

IndigoPrime

They really should stop with the spines thing. I get the reasoning (keep people buying; looks pretty), but it's clearly more hassle than it's worth and it's also a usability disaster.

Tomwe

Here's my pics of the misprint for those wanting to compare. FB page are looking into it...

ps JSayonara that was my post before yours as well, I just hadn't done pics at that point.

IndigoPrime

Yikes. That's a bad one. Do they not do proofs?

Dark Jimbo

I work at a printers, and it's just baffling to me that anyone involved would press merrily ahead with such an obvious and glaring error on (presumably) quite a large massive print run.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

I guess I can look forward to complaining about this when I probably receive 53/54 in two weeks.

IndigoPrime

Also, nosing around Facebook, in July it was stated there are "no current plans to extend the collection", although that could always change. (Despite all the fuck ups, I do hope we get another 10 or 20 books, if only to get certain series to a good end point, like Kingdom.)

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 12 September, 2019, 11:05:18 AM
Also, nosing around Facebook, in July it was stated there are "no current plans to extend the collection", although that could always change. (Despite all the fuck ups, I do hope we get another 10 or 20 books, if only to get certain series to a good end point, like Kingdom.)
Simon Furman made a statement on the Transformers extension at issue 67, I think for the JDMC it was 65, so we have around six months to wait.