Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Society and capitalism are not mutually inclusive.

The Legendary Shark

Absolutely true, Hawkie. The ultimate goal, as I see it, is to get rid of money, stock markets and Economics altogether.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Modern Panther

We here at John Wayne Enterprises, repairing roads since 1876, have diversified.  Set free from the shackles of government oppression, we'd like to offer the people of these islands a solution to your on going problem of poor people and immigrants.  For the low price of £5 a month, we intend to offer a private security force, which will gather together all the unemployed skivers and immigrants in your neighbourhood, transport them to another location and ensure that they never return.  Sign up now to this one time offer.  Once we reach our financial goal, work will begin in your area immediately!  Make the world a better place, with John Wayne Enterprises - here for you.

TordelBack

Sign up now and you (or your Daddy) will receive a free zippo lighter inscribed with 'Fuck Communism!'. Novelty purposes only. Warning: John Wayne Enterprises deny responsibility for any self-righteous deicidal crusade or random Laurel and Hardy appreciation that may ensue.

The Legendary Shark

Forget John Wayne Enterprises; the Clint Eastwood Company is the way to go. Did we just fix five pot-holes or was it six? In all the excitement, we kinda' forgot. Also, we need you to apologise to our bulldozer.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Okay, I am really bored now.

Shark, you've hijacked this thread. Again.

Why don't you start your own thread so that those who want to engage with you about your endlessly recycled pseudo-utopian fantasies could join you over there, but those of us who are only tuning in for political discussion can do so without having to skim-read pages and pages (and pages and pages and pages) of your manifesto?

TordelBack

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 03 November, 2015, 07:47:57 PM
Shark, you've hijacked this thread.

Can the OP hijack his own thread?

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM
As the "election" is coming up, when we'll all be asked to vote on the people the Power Elite tell us to vote for, I thought we might as well have a political thread for this and other political comments

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Tordelback on 03 November, 2015, 07:53:51 PM
Can the OP hijack his own thread?

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM
As the "election" is coming up, when we'll all be asked to vote on the people the Power Elite tell us to vote for, I thought we might as well have a political thread for this and other political comments

Those early posts are interesting. Shark was talking about politics back in the day, but he's not doing that any more. If this is his thread then I guess he can writes what he likes here, but can we just rename it to something more representative of what it's about now?

Then when that's done, I would start a new Politics thread the subject of which would be politics. Furthermore, I would happily relinquish any rights to change that subject later down the line should I find anything I'd be more interested in talking about. Even homebrew anarcho-libertarianism.

M.I.K.

It is politics. It's just not current politics.

CrazyFoxMachine

Why don't we all... like. Start our own threads. And only comment on those ourselves.

It'd work out fine somehow, I'm sure of it.

Hawkmumbler

The Legendary Shark

JBA, why not write out a comprehensive list of Banned Political Topics and email it to someone?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Steven Denton

Or just start a new thread called something like 'The Contemporary Politics Thread' for discussing contemporary politics?

TordelBack

The Political Thread (Expedient Edition)

The Legendary Shark

The Political Thread (Sharkless Edition).
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]