Main Menu

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Started by Goaty, 06 November, 2010, 09:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 06 November, 2010, 06:20:39 PM
Eeeek! Over on the EDGE forum, there are rumbles that this....might not be that great. Might just be anti Tryarch bollocks. I've allways quite enjoyed their versions of the series.  :-\

i never liked "edge" or its sister mag, they seem to have an elitist,almost snobby "hardcore" attitude which to a casually noob player like me, grates... theyre games for feck's sake

Darren Stephens

Quote from: mogzilla on 07 November, 2010, 05:39:01 PM
Quote from: Darren Stephens on 06 November, 2010, 06:20:39 PM
Eeeek! Over on the EDGE forum, there are rumbles that this....might not be that great. Might just be anti Tryarch bollocks. I've allways quite enjoyed their versions of the series.  :-\

i never liked "edge" or its sister mag, they seem to have an elitist,almost snobby "hardcore" attitude which to a casually noob player like me, grates... theyre games for feck's sake
Yeh, dont get the mag these days. The forums a good place overall. Like any internet gathering, you get the odd twat now and then, though.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

IAMTHESYSTEM

How can you be elitist about computer games? ::)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Goaty

ASDA doing it for £36.97. maybe going there at lunchtime (lucky of working next to ASDA store!!)

Roger Godpleton

If anything, Edge isn't elitist enough these days.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Pete Wells

I went to my local ASDA at midnight last night and queued for an hour and a half to get a copy. By the time I got back home I was fooked and only played for about 20 mins before sloping off to bed!

It seems very good though - on the first mission you get to [spoiler]kill Castro (or do you?)[/spoiler] and it's all very Hollywood/big explosions from then on, smashing!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

WoD

19.99 at pcworld (if you spend £50 in-store you get a voucher to get it for that price)...and as new printer was needed - result!

Goaty

got it at ASDA :-)

it got Zombies mission!

Keef Monkey

Haven't bought a CoD game since 2, and haven't ever really got what the fuss is all about. Massive hype coupled with the gift card I've had kicking around have swung me though, so picked it up at HMV today. It was £42.99 but if you trade it in before the end of November you get £35 credit, so seemed like a safe gamble even if it doesn't turn out to be to my taste.

radiator

Quotei never liked "edge" or its sister mag, they seem to have an elitist,almost snobby "hardcore" attitude which to a casually noob player like me, grates... theyre games for feck's sake

Edge is a little pretentious (sometimes self-conciously so), but I love it nonetheless. It's the only (UK) games mag written for adults. Far from being 'hardcore' though, I think they actually cover a very wide range of titles and are very open minded about the subjects and topics they cover.

They also seem to be one of the only truly unbiased publications who don't get bribed or strong armed into giving games positive coverage. Generally their opinions largely reflect my own, though admittedly their reviews don't seem to be as sharp as they once were.

Couldn't give a monkeys about COD - I don't play online, and the singleplayer modes of the COD games I have played have been extremely mediocre.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: radiator on 09 November, 2010, 06:00:29 PMIt's the only (UK) games mag written for adults.

I hear that quite a lot, but I'm far more into GamesTM. Similarly its aimed at adults, but without being quite as po-faced about it. I used to buy both but found Edge was just sitting unread most months. Their covers are very nice though!

Any boarders playing on 360? Figure with the game being as popular as it is we could probably get a decent forum game going sometime.

radiator

Tried GamesTM a few years ago, but wasn't impressed - it seemed like an Edge wannabe if I'm honest, and the design and art direction (which has always been one of Edge's strong points) was nowhere near as classy. ISTR it was also littered with typos and factual errors, though I may be misremembering that. Perhaps I'll give it another go.

I used to like Arcade magazine, which was around about ten years ago.

mogzilla

tend to stick to gamer 360 meself

Keef Monkey

Only got to stick this on for an hour yesterday but jumped into a few mp matches with friends and it's ace! Never played CoD online but I can see how people get hooked, as soon as that first level-up/perk unlock happened I was sold. Didn't get too annihilated either, even got a few kill streaks so unleashed the spy plane which hit a grand total of nobody. Great fun, diving through windows out of sticky situations feels particularly bad ass.