Main Menu

Who Ya Gonna Call?

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 31 January, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

By accident....

While trawling the web looking for something else, I have caught wind that a Ghostbusters ( Ghost Busters Three.) is in full development and yet to be out sometime later this year.

Set in New York, occuring a few months/years after events from the second film. So, what was once going to be a third film is now a video game. Even titled
Ghostbusters Three. Concluding the movie trilogy in interactive game format.

Is this the future of Box Office Hit movies? Instead of watching our favorite protagonist helplessly from our favorite armchairs. We now take some iniative fighting by their side or in their shoes.

Well, the graphics are certainly more realistic. Espeically if you own one of the newer consoles. As this should be supported by the latest X-box machine, The Wii, The Playstation Two and Three.

It is said some versions of game ( At this stage so far!) will be rendered in more cartoon type graphics ( Cel Shaded.) on some machines. The Wii and The Playstation Two. ( I beleive.) though they will also be supporting multiplayer, unlike the more advanced consoles that will only have single player. ( I guess, I recall.)

From what I have seen of screenshots and on some You-tube videos of in game footage so far. They have second person perspective of a newer member of the GhostBusters team. ( That is you the player!) running around the computer rendering of Hotel Sedgewick chasing Slimer ( Or shome other ghost like it.) with a Particle thrower and backpack. Wearing tan coloured overalls.

Very impressive. I pray there is more to it and as somebody had already commented under one of the You-Tube videos 'I hope this doesn't confine the player to chasing and zapping otherworldly entities
 at haunted locations without other elements to flesh out the Ghostburster experience alot more. For example, driving the Ecto-One through the streets of New York.

Most admittedly...

I have imagined something similer to Rockstar North's GTA game engine while playing GTA : Liberty City a few years ago. I since then pictured myself at the wheel of their famously modified white station wagon as much as I have with the Lawmaster. Pulling up to the curbside, hopping out. While dodging around computer controlled crowded city streets before enterings the spiritaulley overcrowded building tenments, apartments, resturaunts, arcades, underground subway stations, offices etc..

This, I have only imagined and can only hope for.

Hopefully a much livelier expansion on the Commordore 64 version I had got for my birthday in my early teens. In this, you were confined to guiding a 2d sprtie of a car, driving over free flying phantasms on the road in top down perspective on the way to each of the haunted locations to imprison various slimers and floaters along the side walk out side buildings in all their 2D glory. Back then I thought this game was cool. Merely because of the digitalised voices of the little Ghostbuster sprites that would cheer 'Ghostbusters'. Upon, each successive capture of a ghost. Sometimes in time with the midi hi-fi Ghostbusters tune being played in the background. In retrospect, the game very quickly became monotonous as you aquired more cash from each job, enabling you to upgrade the car to more advanced transports while freeing up the populace of ectoplasmic residue.

I anticiptate avery alarge and immercive game with
the trade mark humour of this first Ghostbuster film. Being rather, alittle dissapointed with the sequel. Zhuul and Gozer are rumored to make return and once again the villains of the storyline.

I have faith that the game's story will be well written as the original comic brains behind the film will be writing it. The actors will also be providing their voices and likeness to their respective characters as well.

Link: http://www.ghostbustersgame.com/au/index.html" target="_blank">RuleOne: Don't Cross the Streams

WoD

It could be cool.  I was thinking the other day that it could make a nice TV franchise, particularly with the quality of CGI these days.

Keef Monkey

It should be a fun game, although I don't put much stock in their claims that it's to be considered the third in the series. It may take place after the 2nd film, but so far all the screenshots have shown memorable set-pieces from the existing movies, so I'm expecting the story to be a series of flimsy excuses to cram in the scenes and baddies that we remember and love. Still, it has potential.

JOE SOAP

Fucked if I'm reading all that.

Goaty

he always like that! bored!

ThryllSeekyr

Would you prefer pictures in comic book panels with word bubbles and boxs filled with narrative.

vzzbux

looking at the screen shots this looks like it is covering the first film.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

ThryllSeekyr

Yeah, according to Dan Aykroyd. In a interveiw ( At 6:16 right at the end.) he said something. Words to the effect that they ( The writers and creators.) thought that a return of original villians in this game would be popular as the first movie. If not more so.

Speaking of which, is'nt almost common knowledge that a demonic entity such as the one from that movie is only ever complelty destroyed if contested on it's own turf/plane of existence.

They didn't kill Gozer and it's minions, Zhuul and Vince. They merely banished them. So it might almost be natural for them to return later when they replenished their strength.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY0cnyJOVS4" target="_blank">Dan Aykroyd on Salut-Bonjour Ghostbusters as a Vid