Main Menu

Assassin's Creed 2

Started by Goaty, 02 November, 2009, 04:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

I'll certainly echo the above sentiment. I finally completed this bastard last night (and got all the gylphs too!) and it truly is a magnificent game. I'm gonna go and do all the side missions now, so that should give me another few weeks joy!

Roll on Assassins Creed 3!

golledge100

I thought I'd give this another try after being dissapointed with the first one. So far missions have included catching feathers?? and delivering parcels to people which is the last thing i want to be doing in my time off. Feels a bit more like "Postmans Creed" at the moment but its early days. Hearing other comments has made me decide to stick with it a bit longer.

ricky4723

I want Assassin's Creed 2 for PSP, I have always liked that game. :)

ThryllSeekyr

Is the first game in this series worth getting.

I thought I saw it advertised for ninteeen dollars.

ThryllSeekyr

I purchased this one today. The first game, not the new one.

Although, it says on the box this is the Directors Cut

I wonder if that poking fun at the movvie styled gameplay of seamless cut scenes & prerendered actions.

Interesting concepts, athough, knowing from the start, that the old world assassin is really the avatar of some modern day middle eastern guy lying on a table probably hooked up to a machine...just dreaming. Some sort of hynopsis. This little part of the world limited by his memories.

That might of had more impact if they kept that part a secret until further on or at the end.

Anyway I knew about this since I read this on the Wikipdeia awhile ago.

From the point of view of a person who's enjoyed The Matrix films. I think this is alittle awesome.

The context to the situation at hand controls are alittle bit of a knightmare, but I was expecting that, I guess. I only paid twenty dollars for this. For while I running around in the ruins where the Arc of the Covenant was kept and couldn't get out until the right piece of wall scaffolding was touched.

After that I stuffed around, hoping I could find the horse and go exploring.

No dice, but I had fun running into people, losing my balance, climbing up walls and tumbling getting accused of arrogance by my surperior and then stabbed to death and returning to life, but only after returning to the real world.

The leap of faith was pretty cool, but I stopped playing after that. Since I wasn't really playing the game.

When I started playing, I didn't even figure what I was doing in the tutorial until I was halfway through it.

I think the game needs my full attention, but for the moment I'm still enjoying
Arkam Asylum

The thing about memories defining skills & how long the assasin stays in this world. Where damaged accrued effect memries and so on.

A brilliant way of handling what might have been serious damage. 

It's sort of like what would to Slaine if somebocy slice off ons of his limbs or otherwise serverly cripplees him.

It just never happens or if it does, something miraculous saves him.

ThryllSeekyr

I'm really getting into this game now.

I love the horse riding aspect the best and leaping off those huge guard towers into bails of hay.

On my way to Damascus horse riding at break neck speeds through the villages and only dismounting to go roof hopping for flags.

Changing horses when ever nessacary.

I once leaped off a roof landing on the back of my mount standing and then riding after conveniantly parking it there.

Noticing that one particular mount followed me round the side of tower after doing the big leap off it and also while going for a run up a mountain trail.

Hoping that this aspect develops more in this game or the sequel.

It would be cool standing on the back while riding and firing a projectile weapon or slashing the hang-man ropes at gallows as I ride by very swiftly.

Of course, I don't mind going at a cantering pace. Through the more deserted sections of villages, but it's very easy to agitate the guards, unless I BLEND and then I'm off galloping again.

SOCIAL STEALTH did look cool when I first noticed the asassin blending into a group of holy men moving out from under a archway, but it does seem alittle daft in the game and if it's overused in the game trailer and starting scene.

I'd be the first person to agree it's easy for a rogue to hide in plain side on the crowded streets right under searching eyes depending how numerous are the ones looking for him and how easily distracted they are.

I guess it';s sort of easier when your wearing type of rogues unifrom, that conceal half you face and is alteast worn by about nearly every other one for every ten villages walking past you.

But it's even more surpisingly easy to upset a crowd of people by mereley walking  through them using some gentle shoving. When gaurds are chasing you. Something I found near impossible to do the second time round in the game tutorial.

I pretty sure they aren't going to stop chasing you once you skittled some innocent viallages or when you've suddenly star scaling a ladder or wall whether in plain sight or not. 

My best solution is to run or ride at break neck speeds for the towns exit and then keep going or to run to the nearest deserted area of the village and then scale the walls to go roof hopping until things have cooled down for you.

What more could I ask for.....

Abilty to use some dicarededd rags to disguise yourself as a beggar or a second outfit that can be quickly thrown over yourself like another villager.

A horse that can do tricks and repond to a whistling ah-la Roy Rodgers more for effect than anything else.

Abilty to talk candidly with anybody else. Ask for directions, like where I can buy rare commodities.

Purchase food at the market.

Brothels, bellydancers, camels that spit in your direction.

One last thing. While reading about the game on the wikipedia. I found the reference to Genetic Memories which is big in this game.

It says and I quote.....

QuoteSome parapsychologists[who?] have postulated that specific experience is encoded in genes, and proposed this as an explanation for past life regression. However, most parapsychologists generally dismiss this, on grounds that in those cases where past life regression has been considered, the subjects have no genetic link with the people whose lives they are considered to have regressed to; and that the idea is unsound as a mechanism for explaining how events could be recalled from past lives of people at points in those lives after they had had children. Parapsychologists generally agree with the biological view that genetic traits are dispositional — i.e that they merely encode a disposition to react in certain ways to environmental stimuli, and not actual memory or experience

Since when would  having children be a catalyst for genetic memories. Granted it many be a trigger, but I'm sure there are more. I think that might abit of embellishment.

Devons Daddy

outstanding!

graphics of brillance (as in the first one)
but the story line and plot it evolves,draws you in and rewards you.

a winner on so many levels.
very very good!

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mikey

I got this as a present and I'm loving it! I'm waiting for Leonardo to sort out me glider a the moment...

The joy of stabbing people in the face never grows old.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

ThryllSeekyr

Continueing with the first game nearly a fornight after I had stopped playing it. I was once again unfamilar with the controls only remembering basic commands. I restarted the game so I could learn everything again through the tutorial. The tutorial, the easiest way to learn stuff, as even glancing at the keyboard controls through options still was still confusing to me at the time.

As I had already got Altair into Damascus and contacted the Bureau. Previously, I was given misson to murder the weapons dealer Tamir. Making my way to the courtyard/square where he do something important. I found the game would at times just go into autoppilot, sometimes this would be aittle irratating. When I was within distance of eave's dropping on my first victim's conversation as they entered.

I had Altair standing on a wooden pallet suspended from a rope from a wooden arm attached to one of the rooftops. It had a great veiw of the courtyard and for the life of me I just couldn't get Altair to jump to the ground or leap to another ledge. Preferably towards one of the rafters overlooking anearby alley way. So, I could still make my entrance on foot, but without making a scene. 

No, I  was stuck up there, and I had to restart that scenario again from the bureau. This time, I avoided the nearby rooftops, as I believed that part of the game was scripted the wrong way or maybe corrupted. Everytime this Tamir or one of his lackey's came close to me. Wether I was blending or not, they would attack. I restarted from here a few times before I decided to get Altair to run away. Hide somewhere to regain my blue status.

After putting some distance between Altair and his pursuers, I took to the rooftops again. One guard was right on behind and as they ascend the wall to get closer. It was Tamir himself that was greeted with a short blade to the chest the moment he placed a foot where I had Altair standing up there.

So, the misson done and nearly done in the way I intended. Just not as cleany as I might have liked. [b}Altair[/b] might have survived in the huge fourway sword duel that might have occured back where he was meant to be silently stuck with the hidden blade. A hidden blade never works once they have have him susssed.

So it's back to the bureau and Altair had to do this undetected, status blue.

Weel he almost there, when he noticed a peasant being harrasssed by some guard.

They weren't much more trouble, and not heading directly back to the bureau was a good idea either. I think that last scuffle was just right next door, but I still had Altairtake the long way back. Stopping to climb one of the nearby towers to leap from the top perch into another bail of hay.

The sword fighting is getting more interesting now that the head of the order is slowly giving Altair his abilities and other weapons back. Learning to counter with the sword is alot of fun.

Now that he's picking off all the few Knights Templar and others sworn to fight for Richard the Lionheart. Normally, I would be on their side, but this game would have it the other way round.

I think I polished off over thirty of these in one of guard posts inbetwent the larger towns  on the way Acre. Funniest thing I noticed, and I think it was a glitch. Was the horse standing on top of one their makeshift wooden guard towers.

There was no way, I could get it down anyway. Horses don't do those type of stunts.

Like I said earlier, the sword fighting , with some impressive finnishing moves, making game more worthwhile. I was very reluctant to stop playing last night after I got to Acre. A town lookingd more like it was english. I might have mistaken this for Ankh-Morpork

Quote from: Mikey on 07 January, 2010, 01:49:30 PM
I got this as a present and I'm loving it! I'm waiting for Leonardo to sort out me glider a the moment...

The joy of stabbing people in the face never grows old.

M.

A hang glider. Would come inhandy in Age of Conan After completing a misson near the top of a volacno. and having to run back down, while it erupts.

Something Fishy

I finished this the other day.  Very good game indeed, truly impressive.

ThryllSeekyr

I infrequently ever successfully pickpocket, but at least tht doesn't stop me from completing a misson.

Understanding it's virtual reality within the game itself. I could almost accept that jumping into bail of hay, how ever high and surviving while a whole troop of guards are chasing you if feasible. It's understandable in the symbolic way of video games. But roof top gardens and the bench occupied by two people, its stretching belief to a breaking point.

Even walking amongst the foursome of monks/scholars. Are these places so pious that they don't have hordes of drunks. A virtual crowd that one fleeing assiain could blen in with. Honestly I don't think anybody would so that blind to miss the assasin armed with long sword, & short blade.

I think if he able to enter a tavern and just blend in with the crowd, that would be great. Not really sure if those places were the widely established in the holy lands. Although the thought of this fellow swinging though the upper windows of Harem doesn't sound like bad idea either. Another hiding place.

Much better than a bench and roof top garden.

Of course there is song, from Jesus] Christ Super Star that might just answer that quesion.

Now, if he had way of changing his cloths, something more typical of the rest of townfolk, then I think he'd be able to go to market and purchase supplies.

Soicalise more...

GordonR

Yes, I really think the designers missed a trick by not incorporating missions where you changed your clothes to allow you to buy stuff from the market.

FFS...

Peter Wolf

WOW !!

A 5 chapter game review !

How thrilling !
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

I forgot to mention before that this game is visuallly stunning. Alot of work has been thrown into getting textures, of the brick and sandstone buildings right, the look and feel of the towns. The way they are layed out.

I just wish you could interract more as a regular person than the Angel of Death.

Quote from: GordonR on 09 January, 2010, 10:21:35 PM
Yes, I really think the designers missed a trick by not incorporating missions where you changed your clothes to allow you to buy stuff from the market.

FFS...

I know that sounds terrible when I suggested it before and I'm thinking now that the local Bureau's would provide evrything in that regard. From food, to clothing and if they could do that, then perhaps the throwing knives.

Anyway, I started watching some selected parts from JCSS last night/early this morning and I'm quite convinced that those were soame ruins found between Acre and Jeruselum in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa3yG1j_9pc

Not the song I was reffring to in the other post.

Ubisoft should consider doing a western. Cowboys, indioan, saloon's, and tumbleweeds.

Pete Wells

Ubisoft should consider doing a western. Cowboys, indians, saloons, and tumbleweeds.

Hey Thryll, Ubisoft aren't, but Rockstar (Grand Theft Auto) are doing one and it looks pretty bloody cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEMxSUGZ6TU