Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Sector 1 RPG Blog/Fan Fiction

Started by The Bissler, 11 April, 2019, 12:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bissler

Hi all,

I ran my first session of the new Judge Dredd RPG last night and have put together the first of hopefully many session reports. I hope fellow Dreddheads approve but all feedback is welcomed! Cheers!

http://thebissler.blogspot.com/2019/04/judge-dredd-sector-1-session-1.html

The Bissler

I just realised that I provided no context for what this project is:

Set in 2099, a team of cadets face their final assessment under the watchful eye of Judge Brennan.

My posts record their adventures as we use enpublishing's new Judge Dredd RPG.

Session 1: When a new batch of munce is stolen, the cadets find their first case. They soon find out that it isn't just them that are after the perps - so too are the mob!

Session 2: The cadets' investigation takes them to the Movie Special Effects Museum. Home to the huge robotic prop Krong, all hell breaks loose!

Session 3: The cadets' long day continues as they investigate Frankenstein 2 and discover a new crock craze known as 'deathcials'.

https://thebissler.blogspot.com/2019/05/judge-dredd-sector-1-session-3.html

sheridan

How did you play these sessions?  In person or over the internet?  Still carrying it on?

The Bissler

Hi Sheridan,

Apologies, I hadn't been on the forum for a long time and then when I did come back recently , I hadn't checked my replies to previous conversations!

In answer to your question, this only lasted for four sessions, mostly because my players hadn't read Dredd and weren't invested in the setting. I never got around to writing up the last session, apologies for that! At the time I was running these sessions face to face with a group of friends.

As work circumstances changed due to the pandemic, I went pro as a GM and I've resurrected the project! Since the end of November I've been running a campaign for two groups of Dredd fans on Roll20 and Discord. One of the groups is playing monthly and the other weekly. The regularity of sessions for the weekly group has allowed them to really immerse themselves in the setting and enjoy the investigations - and now that we're approaching the end of my "Order Out Of The Chaos Campaign" (set in the immediate aftermath of Cal's reign and running for approximately 8 sessions), they've asked me to start work on another!

At some point in the new year, I do intend to record one or two sessions of play - a complete one-shot adventure - and post up videos to youtube, hopefully before the end of January!