Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: maryanddavid on 22 July, 2011, 01:53:49 AM
Hardly comparable, Bankers and child abusers?

No, bankers are much worse because their greed starves countless people in Africa to death, fuels wars around the globe and bankrupts entire nations. Those are the ones we're all really rebelling against.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteI'm just hoping they stay true to their word and that if/when they don't follow up, people will be as fervent in their criticism as in their praise.

Can't say fairer than that. I respected Kenny a lot for his speech, and it's definitely won him a few brownie points from me, but there's a few years to go yet and it doesn't necessarily mean I'll vote for him the next time round. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 22 July, 2011, 12:17:19 PM
No, bankers are much worse because their greed starves countless people in Africa to death, fuels wars around the globe and bankrupts entire nations. Those are the ones we're all really rebelling against.
True, but the Pope causes AIDS.
We never really die.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: The Cosh on 22 July, 2011, 01:54:14 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 22 July, 2011, 12:17:19 PM
True, but the Pope causes AIDS.

We're not going to have to get into a game of "My Bugbear's a Lot Bugbearier Than Your Bugbear" are we?  :lol:
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

"In four days the UN Security Council will meet, and the world has an opportunity to embrace a new proposal that could turn the tide on decades of failed Israeli-Palestinian peace talks: UN recognition of the state of Palestine.

"Over 120 nations from the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Latin America have already endorsed this initiative, but Israel's right-wing government and the US vehemently oppose it. The UK and other key European countries are still undecided, but a massive public push now could tip them to vote for this momentous opportunity to end 40 years of military occupation.

"US-led peace initiatives have failed for decades, while Israel has confined the Palestinians to small areas, confiscated their lands and blocked their independence. This bold new initiative could be the best opportunity to jump start a resolution of the conflict, but Europe and the UK must take the lead. Let's build a massive global call for the UK and other European leaders to endorse this statehood bid now, and make clear that citizens across the world support this legitimate, non-violent, diplomatic proposal. Sign the petition and send this campaign to everyone."

http://www.avaaz.org/en/independence_for_palestine_uk/?cl=1175268226&v=9676
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

I thought the UN Security Council were supposed to be instruments of the one world Zionist government conspiracy?

The Legendary Shark

Even if that were true, they'd still have to be careful to appear sensitive to the wishes of people in general. Sometimes this means bowing to public pressure if only for appearance' sake.

Zionism is a political movement whose goal was the creation of a Jewish homeland but now is focussed more on the maintenance and governance of Israel - and I'm pretty sure that doesn't involve turning the whole world Jewish (I have had myself circumcised though, just in case...).
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jared Katooie

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 26 July, 2011, 09:23:48 PM
Help improve your political know-how with...

Prime Minister's Questions: The Game!

I'm about to click this link, but before I do, I predict it will involve a lot of blaming everything on the previous government

*Edit

That's not at all what I was expecting. Cool
You may quote me on that.

COMMANDO FORCES

Who was it that said there isn't any waste in the Public sector, well let me tell you what I heard today  :lol:

I was talking to my mate who just happens to run the kitchens at a school and he told me that the teachers are entitled to free drinks of tea and coffee at any time they like, WHY! This comes out of the schools budget and guess what the cost was because of these piss takers. Well for the month of September it was £1900. He mentioned that he gets through 40 pints of milk a day on the teachers alone.

I would like to know why they should be given anything free, if you want a bloody drink then bloody well pay for it like most other people have to. Once you let people have such a thing they do as this lot have and take the piss.

He did tell me loads of other stuff but I know that many on here don't believe such things happen  :-X

Now before you all explode at me picking on the bloated Public sector, at my place there are many piss takers as well and guess what happened when they were all reported, that's right folks.......NOTHING!

Richmond Clements

QuoteWell for the month of September it was £1900. He mentioned that he gets through 40 pints of milk a day on the teachers alone.

No offence, CF, but unless he's working at a school with several thousand teachers, I would speculate that this is complete bullshit.
40 pints of milk a day? On tea and coffee?

The Legendary Shark

Maybe he should try the Bells instead...

I know, I know. I'm going.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 22 October, 2011, 06:05:45 PM
QuoteWell for the month of September it was £1900. He mentioned that he gets through 40 pints of milk a day on the teachers alone.

No offence, CF, but unless he's working at a school with several thousand teachers, I would speculate that this is complete bullshit.
40 pints of milk a day? On tea and coffee?

I can believe it, in my work's staff room we have one of those milk dispenser machines, from which I've seen people filling those 3 litres milk bottles from Tesco. It's not public sector though, and the guy that owns the place is a lord, so screw him.

COMMANDO FORCES

The school has just 200 teachers and its not amazing, seeing as he runs the kitchen and was headhunted from his last job, which happened to be another public service job, I would believe him.
He's told me numerous stories about the waste that goes on and it is not hard to believe, especially after what he told me went on at the last place. Politicians are not the only greedy people in our society and the sooner that people realise this the better. You let people know they can have something for free and quite a few of them will take the piss.

By the way Rich do the calculation 40 pints divided by 200 is what, a pint between 5 people a day, not such a fantastic figure that needs thousands to be correct. I know you think that the public sector are beyond reproach but sometimes the truth is disgusting and beggers belief.

Greed sadly happens everywhere but the reason it goes on here is because the public purse seems to be accountable to no one. The worst bit is that these are the very people who say that there is no waste in their jobs. As I have always said there is waste in the public and private sector but no one gives a shit.

Heh, just saw this on facebook: