Main Menu

2000 AD 30th Anniversary Party

Started by 2000AD Online, 12 March, 2007, 10:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Well, that's me out.

A Wednesday?? Where's the logic in that.

Guess I'll just have to make a better effort to get to Bristol this year and count that as 'the unnoficial' 30th bash.

Chances are I'll meet more boarders there than during a school night in London anyways.

So no real DreddCon last year and no chance of getting to this.

Is this the end of DreddCon?

Very disapointed, what a let down.

monty--

I didn't go to the 25th anniversary one or the DreddCons because, to put it bluntly, I felt too old and I'm not a geek.

But I am extremely tempted by this one. I've read 2000ad from 1984 to 2004. So you could say that 2000ad played a part in my life. I'd go along just to thank many of its creators/contributors for giving me such joy in my life. To meet Alan Grant, John Wagner, Carlos Ezquerra, Ian Gibson, Alan Davis, Brian Bolland (?), Steve Dillon, Glenn Fabry, Cam Kennedy etc would just blow my mind. It would be the equivalent of meeting Freddie Mercury or John Lennon if they still were around today.

Sod it. I'm going. Ok, I'll be Billy No Mates on the night (no way am I mentioning this to my fiancee or anyone else)but I'm going to remember this night for years.

jock

to avoid a let down, i'd double check that all those guys are going to be there...

monty--

Cheers Jock. Any ideas on how I can find out?

COMMANDO FORCES

I thoroughly enjoyed Dreddcon 6.5 It was nice and cosy

dweezil2

Hope to make it, work commitments allowing!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Funt Solo

* Perfect for people living in London that don't work 9-5.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Matt Timson

This really shouldn't annoy me, but it does.  A Wednesday night in Soho?  Are you kidding me?  Who does that cater for exactly?  People without work and family commitments that live in London, I guess.

Generally speaking, I don't like to slag anyone at Rebellion off- but I think that this is really poor.

A fucking Wednesday?!?
Pffft...

monty--

It would have probably cost a fortune to hire the place on a Friday or Saturday.

Tiplodocus

I'm spectacularly disappointed with the timing of this.  Having it mid-week makes it almost absoluteley certain I won't be able to make it.

I'd already pre-arranged a weekend pass with the wife and agreed I could set the budget aside to go down for a weekend sometime or other but midweek means taking two days off work that I really need to use for family stuff.

Having said all that, whoever said that the thirtieth anniversary party should be for the fans.  Isn't it just like a big works piss up? I'd hate to see my customers turning up for that.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

paulvonscott

MAKING YOU STAY UP INCONVENIANTLY LATE EVERY WEDNESDAY...

Well, not for me, but I've used all of my holidays up anyway.

LARF

Hmmm, really convenient. Nope can't make it.

Big piss up at Bristol anyone?

Queen Firey-Bou

I hate to join the message board moaning minnies, next thing you know i'll be whittering on about the number of brush strokes on dredds helmet, willies or some teenage girl in her pants...

however,
 a months notice, a wednesday night, thats rather like saying " bog off non- london based fans, this is a inner circle only knees up, thanks for buying the comic for 30 years, now shut up whingeing and go be nerdy somewhere else " *

* Bristol it is then.

monty--

I'm no nerd. You hear me? YOU HEAR ME, 2000ADEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..........

*reaches for Prog 377 to read the Dungeons and Dragons comic strip advert*

thinky

i decided to do bristol as i misguidedly thought that the 2k event would be incorporated as something official. then, when hearing there was a separate event (and like most marrieds here, only one weekend pass) i was almost regretting it

i can only add my mild dissapointment to this thread as others have before me. it's more than a shame (but less than a catastrophe) that it's so inconvenient for so many - myself included - but there we go... at least we know what's what now

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk