Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: judda fett on 23 January, 2013, 02:00:48 AM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 22 January, 2013, 11:00:05 PM
Les Miserables. Not my choice of movie. Not something I have ever had any interest in ever watching (despite my sister having been obsessed by it for the past 20 years). But by Grud, this was an incredible movie. Genuinely moving, with some jaw dropping scenes and performances.

What have you done with Richmond?

He died.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

Hawkmumbler

Forbidden Zone (1982- Danny Elfman): For those of you who don't know this is my second favourate movie of all time. Zaney, bat shit insane, hilarious for all the right reasons (deliborately poor acting, set pieces made out of cardboard so as to resemble a Betty Boop cartoon) and a freaking AMAZING sound track. I adore it.  :D
Off to watch A-hnold at the cinema tonight in The Last Stand.

Hoagy

Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows and Burke and Hare. Sepia orange and teal filtered period pieces shot through now conventional British studios humour.

In Burke and Hare, Ray Harryhausen turns up!
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Definitely Not Mister Pops

The Matrix is on Channel 5 there.

I haven't watched this in years. I'm really enjoying it.

The sequels were pure cack though.
You may quote me on that.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Pops on 26 January, 2013, 11:19:14 PM
The Matrix is on Channel 5 there.

I haven't watched this in years. I'm really enjoying it.

For all it's portentousness, The Matrix has a surprisingly smart philosophical question at its heart for a big, dumb action movie. It also has one of cinema's great plot turnarounds and is paced like a metronome.

If the Wachowskis had taken the lessons of this movie and refined them, instead of turning out a piece of bloated, self-indulgent crap like Reloaded, then they could have been the Cohen brothers of science fiction...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Buttonman

Zero Dark Thirty - which I enjoyed despite its hefty run time of 157 minutes and a lot of talk and little action.

Satanist

Django Unchained is the most enjoyable film I've seen in an age.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Colin YNWA

Watched The Avengers at last and it was a big ball of fun. Its not the great movie some people talk it up to be but it does what its does very very well and The Hulk is a comedy delight in it.

Spikes

Django unchained - Was an OK film, i thought. Not terrible, but nothing outstanding.

von Boom

Quartet. Billy Connolly was outstanding as per.

judda fett

Quote from: Charlie boy on 23 January, 2013, 10:18:48 AM
On American Movie I'm thinking of the one where they're trying to make a horror film called The Coven ("sounds to much like oven...")  but I really can't remember any kids quoting Apocalypse Now, so I don't know if I just haven't watched it recently enough or if I'm talking about a totally different film (I'm thinking of the two main people in it now and one of them does have a story about taking acid and collapsing and apparently the brain monitor picks nothing up when the doctor's examine him; the other ends up working as a cleaner in a crematorium).
On another note I'm fairly sure it was also Judda Fett who mentioned David Lynch's Wild at Heart recently, meaning one person on this forum is bound to understand why I named my second cat Lula.

Missed this before, yes Charlie boy you have the right movie, glad someone else here has seen it. The kids quote Apocalypse Now while interviewed outside together if that rings a bell.

Lula is a lovely name for a 2nd cat. My goldfish is called Bobby Peru.

Charlie boy

^^Bobby Peru... Like the country?^^

Hawkmumbler

The Last Stand: The spirtual little sister to The Expendables series but alot more heartfull. keeping the cast an ensamble piece and not just Ah-nnold was a great thing and everyone get's a chance to shine, even the red shirts. If this had been released in the 80's it would have been held in as high a regard as Commando and Predator. Great gattling gun fun in one scene, highly reccomended.