Main Menu

John Smith's Jibberish!

Started by Oddboy, 30 June, 2004, 01:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

No prize, just for fun:

Quote a incomprehensible John Smith line.

To get you going, here's one from this week's Tyranny Redux.

(If it counts as a SPOILER then I'd be very surprised that you understand it enough for it to ?spoil?)

?TECHNOPS ON THE PHAMZEEM ORBITAL WISH TO EXAMINE THE PROBE WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF TECTON OR THE TZOLTIN ENFORCER AIs.?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Smiley

Our scientists want to look at the macguffin without our rivals or the law noticing?

Demon Chicken

"I gah bruht uu nho tt tok wi my mowf uww..."
This weeks Tyranny Redux as well.  I've sat and puzzled over this one and still can't work out what the hell she's saying.

Also am I the only one or does anyone else find a green scaly woman with a tail stragely attractive?

DC

Oddboy

It's the Demon Chicken in you....

"I gah bruht uu nho tt tok wi my mowf uww..."
I was struggling with this one too..

"I .. .. you not to talk with my mouth Owch" is the best I can do.

Thread Zero

Scientists on a space station (owned by Phamzeem, which is either some sort of company or an individual) would like to look at the probe without the knowledge of Tecton (another company or individual)or the Tzoltin Enforcer Artificial Intelligence (sentient mechanical brain machine).

Makes sense to me...

Noisybast

"I got brought up not to talk with my mouth full", surely?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Dudley

Indeed.

And the classic John Smith line that should be quoted over and over again is in the second episode (one of the Mark Buckingham ones), where Tyranny gets

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

sucked into that big killing machine with all the aliens running around.

Unfortunately, I don't have it to hand.  It's the last page, very dramatic, goes on about spreadeagled on the stabbing machine.  Bloody genius, so it is.

Oh, and of course

SHATTERLIGHT SHATTERLIGHT
P
O
P
P
Y
C
O
C
K

Generally Contrary

So who wrote, and where was, the 'poppycock' quote?

The Amstor Computer

Was it Gordon Rennie? Either him or Garth Ennis, IIRC, and it was in the 25th Anniversary prog.

Smiley

Mr D

"I gah   bruht   uu  nho  tt tok wi   my mowf uww..."

I can't breathe you know........with my mouth.....

House of Usher

I haven't read chapter two yet, but chapter one made perfect sense to me.
STRIKE !!!

Oddboy

It's not a case of making *sense* people! Just because you can decypher what has been written doesn't make his style less jibberishy.

So come on! Celebrate these crazy mad-hat lines.

Conexus

Smiley

Now I've actually read the episode it does make sense, what with the info-dump about two pages in.

One of my favourite (BLACKRAZORSCREAM) bits of John Smith (NERVETWANGTUNINGFORK) blather is when he comes out with all these (TOOTHACHEARMAGEDDON) lurid impressions, jams them into (STUBBEDTOENAILINGROWING) sentences   and    then    it alll

falls    to

biits..