Main Menu

No Daleks in new Who!

Started by Art, 02 July, 2004, 05:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

...adding to my suspicion that it will basically be BUGS vS Strange in a TARDIS...

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3859651.stm" target="_blank">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_ra

House of Usher

I just read that story on the BBC webpage not half a minute ago!
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

What does the Terry Nation estate want anyway, the moon on a stick? What else are they going to do with the daleks except let them appear in a Doctor Who project?

Editorial control, my arse. If you own the property, just get on and exploit it!
STRIKE !!!

Art

http://www.doctorwhostore.com/Merchant2/products/DWBTARGET-M-3.jpg">

GordonR

With all these light on their loafers New-Who types in charge, maybe the Nation estate were worried that those perennial Who-fanfic favourites, the Gay Daleks, were about to become a reality.

Marbles

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Trout

It's fine. Don't worry, fools.

Read today's Sun.

They've started a Save The Daleks campaign.

Hooray for the super, soaraway Sun!

- Trout

House of Usher

Yeah, but... no, but... surely there's more money to be made out of trusting the BBC to do the job right than by bringing out the likes of Terry Nation's Dalek Special (from when)?

And wouldn't a new series of Dr. Who WITH DALEKS lead to more opportunities for the Terry nation Estate to produce licensed spin-offs?
STRIKE !!!

Art

trusting the BBC to do the job right

Hmmmm...

Trout

Look at their statement.

Davies says: "New monsters."

Let's give them a chance. It's exactly what many of us are always shouting about 2K.

Nostalgia's all very good, but quality will out.

- Trout

GordonR

It does seem a bit arsey.  Maybe they're holding out for a deal with someone else.

A Dalek sitcom.  A Dalek late night chat show on Channel 4.  A Dalek contenstant on the next series of I'm A Celebrity...

Yes, what exactly else do they think Daleks are good for?

Art

Highly profitable novelty remote control toys?

Anway, i'm going to write a Dr Who screenplay to show them how it should be done. Act 1 Scene 1: Billy Piper is run over by a monstorous dalek and the Doctor renounces love forever...

Richmond Clements

Funny, it seems to be alright for the Daleks to be used in crass adverts for Kit Kat's, but Docotr Who? Piss off!!

WoD

I  would have thought any new publicity would be good for a liscence like this...there's probably a new generation out there waiting to hide behind their sofas when the Daleks appear on screen (although I tend to doubt that 'what with kids now-a-days').  Maybe it's not just about the money and they really are concerned about what the BBC proposed to do with them..maybe the soft, sensitive, gay dalek was on the cards...

ARRISARRIS

...the estate of Nations will in the long run regret this like Rolls Royce do/will with up coming new FAB 1 in Thunderbirds the Movie...