Main Menu

Mind the Oranges Marlon

Started by Art, 02 July, 2004, 10:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

They still haven't said what he died of yet - perhaps he was squashed beneath a massive pile of oranges...

Trout

I understand his last words were:

"Nuh muh. Nuh muh..."

Sadly, the only person who could understand him, and took notes, had the most illegible handwriting in history.

RIP Brando.

I now intend to re-watch On The Waterfront, reminding myself of Marlon at his most alive.

- Trout

ESCUBRIA

Trout: thief of Bad Gag!

-Escubria.

ESCUBRIA

In that scene in the Godfather, when brando gets shot, isn't there a massive cart of oranges beside him that he happens to hit when he falls and they spill all over the street?

Art

I kinda went off  On The Waterfront  when I figured out Kazans self-serving subtext, but it's probably worth a rewatch for Brandos sake.

What's the betting that it'll be on the telly pretty soon?

Banners

I kinda went off On The Waterfront when I figured out Kazans self-serving subtext, but it's probably worth a rewatch for Brandos sake.

Well, an allegory hitting back at Hollywood's naive but systematic weeding out of alleged commies is hardly a bad subtext to have.

M@

Art

Nah, it was Kazans self justification for ratting out his ex-commie mates, painting them as gangsters and criminals.

thrillpowerseeker

Hell..this was the man who made me switch back to Butter  :0

Trout

TPS - Yeh dirty fecker! :-)

I've no idea whatsoever why I typed that in a faux-Irish accent...

Anyway, gits, I'll steal as many gags as I want.

Ideas stolen from Alan Moore have more value than most of the original ideas lesser mortals ever come up with!

- Trout

Will I. Cooling

Re pic:

Stop it Bou, your killing me over here.

I can't believe that the man in that pic ending up the way he did.

Sexiest man ever...

(with Elvis)

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Quirkafleeg

>In that scene in the Godfather, when brando gets shot, isn't there a massive cart of oranges beside him that he happens to hit when he falls and they spill all over the street?

Yup... oranges and death are also linked in other scenes in the Godfather trilogy

Floyd-the-k

I thought he was great in Apocalypse Now. A good innings for a great actor.

yours saving up for loose-fitting black pyjamas ,remote Cambodian temple and a copy of the Wasteland

http://www.poster.com.pl/swierzy/apocalypse-now.jpg">

Floyd-the-k

damnhttp://www.nvnews.net/reviews/bfg_geforce_fx_5900_ultra/marlon_brando.jpg">

Will I. Cooling

He's nothing in Apoc Now compared to his earlier films.

Nothing I tell ya!

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Queen Firey-Bou

yo will, with ya there, that brooding surliness in wild ones is sex-tastic.

sadly i don't have a copy of waterfront, must get one soon & enjoy all the more knowing theres a subtext!
streetcar is gobsmaking too tho, ya just hate but fancy him similtaneously.

who seen the one with depp about the shrink & lad in loonie bin, Don juan de something, or something, a really touching film..i thought.

last tango is creepy as feck...but brilliant.