Main Menu

Quick, everyone, it's on Channel 5 now!

Started by paulvonscott, 05 July, 2004, 12:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Ah yes that socio-political classic, Police Acadamy 2.

Just watching a few minutes brought back such painful memories.  I couldn't help but laugh at how shit it was.

But then, hey, I'm only part of the 1% minority that posts on the net about Police Acdamay, so whadda I know, eh?

Dudley

I think Mr Clayton's comments stung some people...

Trout

What I find enormously funny is that creators say things like that, but they just can't stop themselves reading the comments.

When fandom on the net is effusive with praise, they're all delighted and hugging themselves.

But when the fans say something's shit - and, let's face it, Bison was shit - they go on about how we're a vocal minority.

It's all a far cry from the days when it took months for a comics editor to find out circulation figures, isn't it?

By which I mean: the internet community has its uses.

BTW, I don't get Channel Five.

*sob*

- Trout

Dudley

BTW, I don't get Channel Five.

*sob*

This is that sarcasm thing again, isn't it?

Trout

DavidXBrunt

Bico

YAY!

He was great in Hot To Trot.  John Candy as the voice of the horse.
They showed the Police Academy tv series over here in Ireland, about six years ago...

You only THINK the movies are bad.

paulvonscott

"I think Mr Clayton's comments stung some people..."

I think 'tickled' would by more appropriate, Dudley.  It's been a while since anything in the prog made me smile that much.  Because I still can't believe they put it in a strip.  I hope Tharg didn't have too much trouble reading the script as their tears smudged the pages.

'We'll show them... we'll show them all!'

Wha-ha-ha...

paulvonscott

Anyway, I posted here to just slag off Police Acadamy, because someones Simpson quote recently  triggered off a memory attack of these films.  I don't have a problem with the latest future shock, other than being unable not to take the piss a bit.

The Amstor Computer

Bah, there was me thinking this was going to be a recommendation for the fantastic "Forbidden Planet".

I'm off to create monsters from my Id to destroy the lot of you...

paulvonscott

I did watch Forbidden Planer, well, until I went to check my e-mail during a break and came back much later to find Police Academy on.

AIIIEE!

The Amstor Computer

"Forbidden Planer"? AIEEE!

http://japanwoodworker.com/assets/images/product/JapanWoodworker/23.0574.524.a.jpg">

Thread Zero

Bah, there was me thinking this was going to be a recommendation for the fantastic "Forbidden Planet".

Dang it, I forgot that was on.

Bone Machine checks Amazon to see if Forbidden Planet is out on DVD yet but it's only out in region 1.

Great steaming arses!

I did, however, watch Police Academy 2 and was astonished that it has actually become even worse over the years - eighties comedies have dated terribly.

Watching the recent reports of the new Iraq Police Academy, I noticed that they seem to have a small, tubby woman and a great big tall bloke.  All they need is the guy who makes funny noises and they've got the whole set...

paulvonscott

"Forbidden Planer"?

Carpentry form the ID!

Will I. Cooling

"When fandom on the net is effusive with praise, they're all delighted and hugging themselves.

But when the fans say something's shit - and, let's face it, Bison was shit - they go on about how we're a vocal minority. "

Similar area goes with internet commentators; just checking 411manias forums and man some of the flame wars that go on between the writers and fans. I think that's one thing I can say I'm good at; I can take the rough with the smooth and accept the negative posts or alternatively disagree politely or do both as I did when your fishy self savaged by "let's burn that drokker Bishop" review of Dead Men Walking.

P.S. If your wondering where my usual plugging is, I'm far too ashamed of some terrible typos to post it. When I read it I wanted to crawl under I large rock.

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.