Main Menu

Which chracter should be brought back?

Started by dodsworthboy, 22 October, 2001, 07:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodsworthboy

Here's a question which character deserves to come back?. My choices would be Harry on the high rock or ace trucking company.

Leigh S

I've heard rumours that Robohunter may be making a reappearance.  It was a pity they brought him back the first time - those Millar stories being the absolute worst thing 2000AD ever published.

I liked the way Robohunter started as an old guy trying to make a living in a mean job and ended with him back where he started.  Ok, it was a bit of a shock when he was suddenly aged 30+ years between stories, but a great way to end the series nevertheless.

I'd like to see Ace back as well - unlike Robohunter, he didn't get a good send off.  Last we saw of him he was banged up in Feeks privately owned jails (having made a success of Ace Trucking while Garp was away in another dimension).  It would be nice to see Ace try to take revenge on the little uffer....

Thread Zero

Mine would be Carver Hale doing a duet with the Space Girls.

Pop idols anyone?

scojo tone deaf

Rex Gambill

Perhaps Alan Moore could find the time to script some more chapters of The Ballad of Halo Jones, and Ian Gibson could illustrate again.

Alexandra The Great

Definitely Halo Jones. The great unfinished...

Frank

Quote from: Thread Zero on 23 October, 2001, 06:17:55 PM
Mine would be Carver Hale doing a duet with the Space Girls. Pop idols anyone?

scojo tone deaf

Hands up - who else read this necro-posted thread and wondered how he'd got back in?

Beadle68

Harry 20 or meltdown man also my xbox live gamer name  :D . Those 2 stories are worthy of a return. Loved robohunter but hated the way it all ended when I thought there was more longevity to the character.

malkymac

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Albion

Dan Dare. That's a story that needs finishing.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Richmond Clements

Beeks

"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

The Enigmatic Dr X

Matt Tanner and the whole Mean Arena.

What? I like future sport stories, m'kay?
Lock up your spoons!

Dog Deever

Tyranny Rex would be good- last time out we were told she was about to be sent into a warzone at the end, presumably John had some vague thing in mind for continuing with her. With the shortage of staff at Indigo prime, might it be possible for her to be recruited as an IP agent and brought back via that?

Ace was, well, ace and the more it moved away from 'Convoy in space' the better it got- the 'CB radio jargon' actually became funny in it's own right.
Personally I think Harry 20's run it's course really.
DR and Quinch would be nice and I would also like to see Sam & Samantha Slade working together on a case, although I would have less interest in Robohunter unless the right artist was onboard (I've never liked the style of Anthony Williams art at all)- actually I think the same goes for Ace and and DR& Quinch too.

I guess the point is, maybe a lighter, more humorous story would interest me (although not one aimed at younger readers- sod them)

Saying that, Carver Hale might be good.
How many choices do we get again?
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

locustsofdeath!