Main Menu

Nominations 'Villains' - Ultimate not Dredd Tourney

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 July, 2020, 08:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Wish these chuffin' Spambots would read the guidance before voting. How am I meant to figure out which category 'Kinogo' in to???

Buttonman

Ding Dong Dooley was a ferry man who rang a bell in a couple of episodes of 'Mean Team'. I don't think he has the character, charisma or influence to merit a place,but he has a funny name.

What about the German antagonist from 'Skizz'? he was a right see you next Tuesday.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Buttonman on 12 July, 2020, 12:44:50 PM
Ding Dong Dooley was a ferry man who rang a bell in a couple of episodes of 'Mean Team'. I don't think he has the character, charisma or influence to merit a place,but he has a funny name.

What about the German antagonist from 'Skizz'? he was a right see you next Tuesday.

Good knowledge.

That's Van Owen and he's in Military / Government - I had to work him in hence the convoluted name and eventually poor old Tiger Commander being shoved where he is. I think Van Owen is South African - see Spitting Image songs.

Buttonman

That's the fellow - I remember reading him with Joss Ackland's voice from 'Lethal Weapon 2'.

BPP

Villains as heroes as villains - blackblood, Mek-quake, stickleback, lulu Romanov, ichabod azrael, Lux Roth chops, Toby, mungo gallowgrass,
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

broodblik

Out of Nikolai Dante (under the category World Leaders (Tyrants and Despots)):
1. Dmitri Romanov
2. Valentine Romanov
3. Tsar Vladimir the Conqueror
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Where to place Chief Judges in the heroes & villains? There's obvious villains like Cal and Sinfield, and I've nominated Griffin under heroes, as has been McGruder. Volt and Francisco both presided over major disasters, but they weren't intrinsically their fault, so should they both be considered heroes? And is Silver a villain considering his giving free reign to Dredd on the Democracy march, and ill-fated decision on Kraken?

broodblik

I will say Silver for Villain status or maybe its should have been something like Heroes/Villains and Losers. I know where I will place Silver.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

The Great Beast of Silversun
and The Wendigore

Beasts, both.

ZenArcade

The Soft Hive in 'Touched by the hand of Brendan'.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Colin YNWA

3) If you nominate a character and allocate them a group I'll give that vote a bonus point, so it'll get two points. This will not mean that character fits into that group in the end but it'll help me.

3a) You can only nominate one character per group - well you can only get a bonus point for one - so if you provide a list of say 'Judges' mention which you'd like to get the bonus point, i.e. your favouraite in that group. I'll use the first mentioned if you don't clarify. All other nominations will get 1 point as default.

3b) You can of course be creative as to which character belongs in which group. As you can see from what I've done its fluid.

NapalmKev

Edited after I actually read the thread title properly

Mythical

ChrisThulu - Indigo Prime

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

AlexF

OK, so if I've understood correctly, the point of the thread here is for us to nominate characters we think deserve a spot in the Tourney, to potentially replace the list Colin has curated? And maybe to second a few of those nominations? To be honest it's a great list, would happily vote on it as is.
BUT...
here's a short list of suggested alterations:

Beasts and animals – maybe rename as 'Unstoppable Killing Machines' and insert 'the Herod'

Robots - I nominate Capt Bug Stomper (maybe instead of Toby?)

Demons and Undead - I vote to replace Kostabi with La Voisin (Queen of the Zombies from Defoe)

Magic PSi types - I vote to replace Sagan with Vernon D'Arque (From Anderson R*Evolution)

-and I second Napalm Kev to put Christhulu into Mythical!

And now for an unhelpful list of three all-new cateogries with all-new characters...
(which you no doubt can't make room for without messing up the tourney itself)

Grotesque nightmares
Gargarax
The Guledig
Moloch

Evil white men in suits
Durant (from Thirteen)
The Voice (from Button Man)
Sharpe from MACH 1 (or possibly Jake Falmuth from Shako)

Mirror Images
The Destroyer (From Return to Armageddon)
Cinnabar Brenneka (from Shakara)
Obmoz (this one you can work out by yourselves)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 13 July, 2020, 12:30:39 PM

Mirror Images
The Destroyer (From Return to Armageddon)
Cinnabar Brenneka (from Shakara)
Obmoz (this one you can work out by yourselves)

Arh I LOVE this one, add Zombie Dredd (or Rico - discuss!) and we laughing... now which group to drop...

Colin YNWA

I'll give these a nudge to see if there's anymore ahead of the weekend when I'll wrap this up and get the tournament started.