Main Menu

Human League

Started by nathan, 27 February, 2002, 05:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathan

[This refers to Dougs comments in thread 782]
"> Isn't the reference to the League as in 'Human' though?
*cough* *splutter* I certainly hope NOT!!! Why the hell would they refer to a bunch of wankers like that????"

They were high profile fans of 2000AD in the eighties. Like Madness they may even have paid a visit to the Command module. Their 1983 album Dare features the track "I Am The Law".

N

GordonR

>Their 1983 album Dare features the track "I Am The Law".

Dare was 1981, damnit!

(Milo, unashamed Human League fan)

nathan

"Dare was 1981, damnit! "

Oops. I only have the Best Of.

Was that when Marsh and Ware were still involved?

Nathan (unashamed Heaven 17 fan)

GordonR

>Was that when Marsh and Ware were still involved?

No, those talentless splitters had left before Dare, and been replaced by...uhhh...those two very talented dancing girls.

>Nathan (unashamed Heaven 17 fan)

Right.  Outside now, sonny.  We'll debate the whole Heaven 17 vs. Human League thing in the traditional gentlemanly style.

Mudcrab

Ooooooh, that must have been a blast! Bet the perps would be running for cover with the Human League singing that.

Is the reference to Madness supposed to make it better? I personally hate Suggs as well. Stupid name, stupid face, hair not quite as bad as the Human League.

Thank Grud for Anthrax, and more importantly, Pitchshifter.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

Oh dear, the handbags will be flying. Watch you don't smudge your make up girls!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

nathan

"Thank Grud for Anthrax, and more importantly, Pitchshifter."

Ah, now I see why you were so anti- the League. Envious of better lipstick, hair, nipple-piercings and tunes etc. >:-)

N

GordonR

Hah, I reckon even Haircut 100 could take Pitchshifter.

paulvonscott

"Ah, now I see why you were so anti- the League. Envious of better lipstick, hair, nipple-"

Anthrax didn't wear lipstick, I don't think they ever went to a professional hairdressers either, nor where they ever likely to start a handbag fight over nipple rings.

Speaking as someone who couldn't name or hum a single Human league, Haircut 100 or Heaven 17 song, I do have to confess that I liked Transvision Vamp (possibly one of the most derided bands ever) and Anthrax at pretty much the same time.  

Hanging out with Halo Jones was great (for me), and I am the Law by Anthrax 'In the Cursed Earth where the mutants dwell...' was pretty darn cool.  I also like that Mega City Finks song, though quite frankly, it's shocking.

Mudcrab

Ah, the Anti-Nowhere League, now you're talking!

Oh, that's not what you said? Ah well.

Hmm, I think I'll just accept that people have different tastes in music. We're not at school anymore after all!!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

Why not invite them to the bash tomorrow night and find out?
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

I replied to the wrong one there! Oops.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

GordonR

>Transvision Vamp (possibly one of the most derided bands ever)

Wot?  Have Sigue Sigue Sputnik been forgotten so soon?  Surely not!  

nathan

"We're not at school anymore after all!!"

How quickly we forget Death Monkey.

N

paulvonscott

Hey!  I have SSS single.

Oh grud...

What have I said?