Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Cactus

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. Never read Shadows and remember enjoying Counterfeit Girl so I'll cherry pick this one. Not fussed at all about Bix Barton but never mind.

Richard

Box Barton is definitely a brave choice.

castle4

Hatchette have just announced the next two volumes (161) Button Man vol 2 and (162) Flesh Midnight Cowboys.

Who had more Flesh on their bingo card?!

IndigoPrime

I guess that's 'the rest of Flesh', then. I'll happily avoid that. Judging by the credits, Button Man wraps up the run. Half tempted by those, but I did buy the CHONKY paperback a while ago. Gah. There's always another edition to 'upgrade' to. Mind you, I bought Counterfeit Girl too and am going to rebuy that now. _Sigh_.

The Monarch

we are one dancing ostrich away from having everything pat mills ever wrote for in the collection now.

Hackenbush

Pat Mills "Dancing Ostridge edition" coming soon featuring:

The last two books of Savage
Flesh the legend of Shamana
Satanus Unchained
Blood of Satanus II and III
Defoe - The Divisor
The Joe Pineapples & Rojaws story ...

I mean, I would buy it ....
Surely there is at least one more Pat Mills volume coming;

Le Fink

Quote from: Hackenbush on 03 October, 2023, 07:19:25 AMPat Mills "Dancing Ostridge edition" coming soon featuring:

Satanus Unchained
Defoe - The Divisor

I mean, I would buy it ....
Surely there is at least one more Pat Mills volume coming;
I would buy that too, mainly so I can read the rest of Savage. Gimme!

NapalmKev

Quote from: Hackenbush on 03 October, 2023, 07:19:25 AMPat Mills "Dancing Ostridge edition"

I'd happily take a hardcover of American Reaper.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

leethomson

Not the most comprehensive Bix Barton collection - just two stories, already reprinted (ages ago!) in the Extreme Editions. I'll take them in hardback, though. Always had a soft spot for Bix, but I shouldn't think it's aged well (unlike yours truly).

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Hackenbush on 03 October, 2023, 07:19:25 AMPat Mills "Dancing Ostridge edition" coming soon featuring:

Satanus Unchained
Defoe - The Divisor

And just what have you got against Dinosity?!

In all seriousness, it'd be lovely to have the last of Savage and Defoe collected.
@jamesfeistdraws

Richard

Satanus Unchained wasn't by Mills.

Blood of Satanus III will be coming up in Complete Case Files 44, so is unlikely to feature in the UC too.

Legend of Shamana has some absolutely glorious painted artwork and is Carl Critchlow's best work for the prog, it definitely deserves a reprint somewhere!

sintec

Looks like they've got the volume numbers wrong on the 2 new books :lol:. I can't see Button Man vol 2 being anything other than volume 152 but they've got that down as 166 and Flesh as 152. Seems more likely Flesh is 142 placing it adjacent to the other Mills volume as they've tended to group things by writer in the previous runs (although Abnett's got books spread across this run so maybe they've abandoned that). If it is 142 and they are (vaguely) sticking to that pattern the it might imply that this might be our last Mills volume. But that's a whole lot of ifs and guess work so could be entirely wrong.

I too would be very happy to see a volume with the last chapters of Defoe and Savage - just for completeness sake if nothing else.

13school

Quote from: NapalmKev on 03 October, 2023, 08:48:10 AM
Quote from: Hackenbush on 03 October, 2023, 07:19:25 AMPat Mills "Dancing Ostridge edition"

I'd happily take a hardcover of American Reaper.

Cheers

As would I - a semi-recent re-read revealed it read much better in one burst than in dribs and drabs over a year. I would have thought as it's creator-owned and the movie rights have been grabbed it wouldn't qualify for the Ultimate treatment, but that hasn't stopped Button Man...

rogue69

John Wagner & Arthur Ranson own the rights to Button Man but Rebellion own the UK publishing rights & Kitchen Sink have the USA rights.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: leethomson on 03 October, 2023, 09:19:10 AMNot the most comprehensive Bix Barton collection - just two stories, already reprinted (ages ago!) in the Extreme Editions. I'll take them in hardback, though. Always had a soft spot for Bix, but I shouldn't think it's aged well (unlike yours truly).

That's... unfortunate. I thought that the strip really came into it's own with the done-in-one stories in the Sci-Fi Specials. These brilliant, often laugh-out-loud funny distillations of English absurdity along with John Smith's text stories consistently made the specials worth buying in the 1990s. Pete & Jim somehow even managed to give a talking plate of full English breakfast gravitas which is no mean feat.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"