Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Knight

I too was just going to ask about 13 story art being pixelated. I don't remember this in original run?

leethomson

Same here, with the pixelation. But not only that, one of the pages appears to have entirely the wrong art on it, repeating a spread from a couple of pages previous.

don wiskerando

Quote from: Anthony Garnon on 04 September, 2023, 02:27:13 PMThe first 10 pages of Thirteen's artwork are heavily pixelated in my copy, although the text is clear. Is it the same for everybody?
I hadn't even noticed until your post, but yes my copy is the same.

Link Prime

Quote from: Grumpy Andrew on 23 August, 2023, 12:39:19 PMI might have to pull the trigger on that Atavar collection. I remember it very fondly. Sublime creature designs. A story that doesn't outstay its welcome, and as a result runs the risk of being lost in the shuffle of 2000AD's highlights and big hitters.

Definite cherry pick for me too. Absolute gem from Abnett and Elson.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Don Wiskerando on 04 September, 2023, 08:12:48 PM
Quote from: leethomson on 04 September, 2023, 08:12:48 PM
Quote from: Michael Knight on 04 September, 2023, 06:51:20 PM
Quote from: James Stacey on 04 September, 2023, 04:21:40 PM
Quote from: Anthony Garnon on 04 September, 2023, 02:27:13 PMThe first 10 pages of Thirteen's artwork are heavily pixelated in my copy, although the text is clear. Is it the same for everybody?
It's not just yours, mine is the same
I too was just going to ask about 13 story art being pixelated. I don't remember this in original run?
Same here, with the pixelation. But not only that, one of the pages appears to have entirely the wrong art on it, repeating a spread from a couple of pages previous.
I hadn't even noticed until your post, but yes my copy is the same.

Well, that's annoying. From the quick straw poll here, it seems safe to assume it's the whole print run affected, rather than a few stray misprints (which makes sense - it'll be a problem with the original print files). Has anyone complained to Hachette? Perhaps I'll hold fire on that book in hopes of a reprint.
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

Quote from: moly on 02 September, 2023, 10:48:39 AMSintec

Have you updated your spreadsheet on percentage of published stories recently last one I found was a some time ago

https://imgur.com/p4llPOz.png

I haven't - will try to get it up to date over the weekend.

leethomson

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 05 September, 2023, 01:54:20 PMHas anyone complained to Hachette? Perhaps I'll hold fire on that book in hopes of a reprint.
They just said they'd send me a replacement, though I don't imagine it will be any different.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: leethomson on 06 September, 2023, 02:18:01 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 05 September, 2023, 01:54:20 PMHas anyone complained to Hachette? Perhaps I'll hold fire on that book in hopes of a reprint.
They just said they'd send me a replacement, though I don't imagine it will be any different.

No, the fact that everyone here says the same is true of their copy is not hopeful.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

If the art is pixelated, that'll be because of an error in the source files. Unless they've done a corrected print run – unlikely with a partwork at this stage of its life – I imagine it's vanishingly unlikely there will be copies without the error.

leethomson

And I could live with that, but printing this:

instead of this:

is a bit harder to give a pass to.

sintec

Spent some time over the weekend updating my spreadsheets to see how much of the Prog the Hachette collections have now reprinted.

There's stil a pretty large dip in the early 90s but the 3rd UC extension has definitely filled that out a bit. There are now ~10 years where we have over 75% of the prog reprinted! With half of those being the "golden age" from 81-85 and most of the rest around 2008-2012 (is this the progs 2nd golden age?).

Overall we've got ~57% of the strips published in the Prog reprinted at this stage and there are 266 progs where we have all the strip content!

Richard

sintec

I had quite a lot of it done already. Just needed to add the last few months of UC volumes and the last year and a halfs worth of Progs to my spreadsheets. I've written a script which compares the 2 files and pumps out the data on how many stories were in each prog and which Hachette runs they've appeared in. If I hadn't started collating the data back in the early days of UC1 I doubt I'd start now as the amount of data entry would be daunting.

Also praise Barney. Without that resource this would have been much much more tedious.

moly

Sintec thanks for updating your chart so with the remaining issues looks like 65% would of been published

sintec

Yeah reckon it'll be somewhere around that, depends how much Megazine and specials content they include and the page counts of the remaining books. It's also worth noting that there'll be another years worth of Progs coming out in that time and I suspect none of that will make the collection so that'll drag the % down a little bit.