Main Menu

David Blane

Started by Dom, 05 September, 2003, 06:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Where is the entertainment in a hunger strike for no reason by a man in a nappy.

I am going to do nothing for the next 44 days, so fu**ing what!!

SHAZAAM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3081604.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3083066.stm

JTurner

The next Houdini? Could Blaine have been in Necronauts?

James

What a scrote. Actually, matbe he's waiting for Dredd vs Death, and he's trying to get time to go quicker by going all trancy.

Doesn't make him any less of a scrote though.

Dom

houdini actually did stuff, if Blane was in necronauts he would be stood in a box doing feck all.

How does that help save the world?

JTurner

He's trying to outfast Jesus or summat. I'm really fed up with the t**t at the moment. Everytime he appears on telly the missus goes of on a rant about how much of a prat he is. I agree, but it's a tough time shutting her up again to watch the Simpsons.

Quirkafleeg

Well I sussed his ice one and I can do his levitation (well apart from the camera tricks of course)... know doubt this one will prove to be just as obvious

Mikey

So what's the ice one?Or do i have to get'secrets of the street magicians vol#2' or something?

He doesn't bother me,i quite like some of his shows.I don't think theres anything wrong with taking people away from drudgness by doing,and I quote,"maaaaagic.Waaatch.maaagic."

On second thoughts,he is a bit of a nobber int he?

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Quirkafleeg

he's actually rather a piss-poor magician... basic tricks dressed up in bullshit... and camera tricks.

You want a good magician you want that Scottish bloke that looks like Mr Punch and swears a lot and whose name I've just forgot, bloody genius he is.

petemaskreplica

That'll be Gerry Sadowitz.

petemaskreplica

Jerry, rather.
And yes, he is great isn't he?

And yes, David Blaine is a total knobend.

Art

I used to live near a very large elderberry bush, which all the local pigeons (and other birds) would eat the berries from and then have horrendous purple bird diarrhoea all over cars parked nearby. Now, if only there was some way of positioning a barge full of elderberry bushes on the Thames directly beneath him...

Trout

Oh, the levitation one's really easy. He just stands on one foot.

Most amused to see the Guinness Book of Records told Blaine to piss off.

He's no Houdini.

- Trout

Tiplodocus

He's pretty good at closeup card tricks so I've heard. And he was partly responsible for making closeup card work hip again (probably because that's all he could do having worked his way up from being entertainer at Hollywood parties).

I assume that all this endurance bollocks he does is some kind of question of the definitions of "What is magic?".  "Not standing on a pole with a brace on your back and not pretending to stand in a block of ice only to have replaced yourself with a dummy" would be my answer.

(All of the above is courtesy of a bloke I play footy with at lunchtime so I may have got some of it wrong)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Quirkafleeg

Sorry Tips but he's rubbish at close up.. unlike the aformention Mr Sadovitz, where EVEN when and where you know the trick and know exactly where to look and avoid all the misdirection you STILL cannot see the switch, palm, whatever...

Tiplodocus

Aaah. I stand corrected. Or rather the naked magician I was talking to at lunchtime does.

I recall Jerry Sadowitz saying that the best ever card magician is the bloke that runs Tam Shephards joke shop in Glasgow.  But knowing my hit rate today, that's probably wrong as well.

Jerry Sadowitz at Montreal Comedy Festival. Walks on stage and says "Hello, Moose F***ers" and is promptly punched by member of audience.  Well, it made me laugh (even if that's not true either).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!