Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomontherun94

Still clinging onto hope that vol 170 will be one final Strontium Dog book with The Sorry Case, Tales From The Doghouse, that one Middenface strip that was skipped in the UC and anything else SD-related that hasn't been collected yet

JudgeFridericus

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 January, 2024, 09:27:01 AMIn case people were in any doubt, I just received the following message:

QuoteYes, unfortunately the 2000AD collection is excluded from the January sale I'm afraid.

That is strange as I bought some older books in the collection in the sale. I noticed at the time that it didn't work for the newer ones. I have just tried it again and now even the old books can't get the discount. How strange.

Le Fink

Nice to see Luke Kirby in there - surprised it took so long. I'm happy with my big paperback though. Durham Red I'll pick up as I've only read the (very) recent stuff, which I liked, so I'd like to read the rest.

Armoured Gideon though. I actually read this at the time and not much has stuck with me. I recall the art was interesting, quirky. I don't remember being that taken with the story though. Hmmm.

Shakira? Shakara!

Don't need Luke Kirby as happy with the Rebellion hardcover.

Durham Red is a no brainer as I love all the Stront stuff (yes, even Strontium Dogs and I can largely look past Mark Harrison's Grud-awful artwork after Carlos leaves thanks to Grant's excellent scripts and the promise of Colin MacNeil's beautiful painted artwork to come).

On the fence about Armoured Gideon though. Enjoyed it at the time and I have a real nostalgic fondness for it (my first Prog was 676 and it was one of the strips in it), but in all honesty I don't know I have much interest in re-reading it or need it taking up space on my bookshelf. Will be a last minute decision I expect!

Jade Falcon

I was looking forward to Dan Dare but I'm finding it really hard going....I can't seem to get into it, but that may just be me.  I'm having a hard time focusing on anything at the moment due to my mental state and have about 4 or 5 books on the go.  So its maybe not Dare itself
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

michaelarby

Just got round to reading my Slaine Dragontamer copy, but the print quality is terrible - every other page the text is misaligned and the artwork muddy. Anyone else have the same thing happen?
Art website: www.michaelarby.com

Jade Falcon

Well I finally gave up on hoping that WH Smiths would get in my missing Harlem Heroes Volume 2 and ordered from Hachette.  I think when its 16 weeks overdue there's not much chance of getting it now.  That's the second or third time they've done that.

I bet it will appear after the Hachette volume appears.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Le Fink

Quote from: michaelarby on 03 February, 2024, 09:34:07 AMJust got round to reading my Slaine Dragontamer copy, but the print quality is terrible - every other page the text is misaligned and the artwork muddy. Anyone else have the same thing happen?
Not that I recall - so probably worth asking for a replacement.

Jade Falcon

Well...received my Harlem Heroes 2, I gave up waiting to see if it would appear in Smiths, they can't expect me to take it if it comes in when it was that late.

Bad Andy

Just got my Harlem Heroes Vol 2 as well, but I'm on a three months delay after COVID

Jade Falcon

It's a rather thin volume, I was hoping the annual stories might be there, but I guess the Berlin Blitzkriegs with their fans shouting Sieg Heil is just not on :)

Jade Falcon

Well I picked up the Harry Twenty book.  I already had the softcover which I will send to a friend, but I was a little disappointed with Death Rock, thinking it was going to be a full blown sequel rather than a few pages.  The other story was ok, if a bit disjointed in places.  Reproduction on Harry 20 in this I'll swear seems better than the softcover I've got, or maybe its just the type of paper.

castle4

Contents of 170 Durham Red

You cannot view this attachment.

The Monarch

yup thats scarlet apocrypa and the current run of durham red up to served cold alright

castle4

To my mind, Stainless Steel Rat is the only great strip missing from the first five years not included so far. Using the term classic to mean old, rather than great, then there is still MACH 1,Tharg the Mighty, Ant Wars, Angel, Disaster 1990, Death Planet and Mind of Wolfie Smith. As there is already a precedent with Robusters and Blackhawk, surely we will be getting a Strontium Dog from Starlord volume? And then maybe we'll get other stories from Starlord and Tornado who didn't cross over in to 2000ad. Or maybe those final 20 odd unannounced volumes will mostly contain content from the past 30 years, but hopefully not much from the 90's. Or just loads of Dredd!