Main Menu

New to the board and 2000AD

Started by ungaro, 05 April, 2012, 05:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Welcome to the board, ungaro.  Read a lot of DC comics lately, 2000ad whips most of their arses.  Sorry, Adventurer.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Aonghus

JayzusB.Christ

Ungaaaro, Ungaaaro, they say it was in Innndia.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Adventurer on 22 April, 2012, 08:46:25 AM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 21 April, 2012, 09:28:19 AM
welcome. It's cool that we're converting more and more American readers away from the big two.

I don't know about 'converting away'. I mean, yeah, 2000 AD has been a major corner stone of my gradual migration away from Marvel/DC super-hero comics as the majority of my comic reading diet.

okay I should've said "as well as" rather than "away from" - I still probably shovel more cash towards Marvel every month than I do Rebellion.  ::)

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 April, 2012, 11:30:03 AM
Ungaaaro, Ungaaaro, they say it was in Innndia.

born from an egg on a mountaintop....

mejustnow

Nothing legal, best bet is to buy up some of the back progs. Or wait.... miracles have happened.
[/quote]

I've got the back progs, thank Tharg, and am still holding out for that miracle  :lol:
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

Spartan_6

Howdy and welcome! Another rookie here as well.
-- Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination. - Oscar Wilde --

Andy B

A couple of comments here about the difficulty of getting stuff in the US. For collections, Try:

http://www.bookdepository.com/

UK based, but free delivery (well, built into the price, but still...). I've used them plenty - no complaints.

mejustnow

As for suggestions of past stories, if it's available across the pond you could do a lot worse than the complete Nemesis the Warlock.  It's my favourite thing that's ever been in 2000ad and complete means complete. It ended.  To my mind the brilliant Shakara has quite the Nemesis vibe to it.
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

badstatic

In my opinion some of the best black and white art 2000ad has ever produced was the Glen Fabry and David Pugh colaboration for Slaine's Time Killer.
I've got a copy of the Titan hard back and it's one I'm constantly looking at.We all know about Glen Fabry's work and how good it is but trust me Pugh is very underrated.the detail and the vicious fight scenes are eceptional and his version of Slaine is my favouite as he makes him look like the pychotic warped warrior he's surposed to be.

Psidude