Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

Not to sound too rude but George Osbourne is a proper Twat, just like the rest of his party. I'm a bit sick of hearing 'we're all in it together'. I also cannot understand how the Lib Dems and Tories can formed a coalition when their political ideologies are so fundamentally different (are they different?). And as for Labour, they're a bunch of clowns as well.

The only parties I hate more than the main 3 is the BNP and EDL. Knobs the lot of 'em!!!

I thought I'd stepped in Dogshit the other day but when I looked it was a BNP leaflet!

Cheers  :)
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 08 October, 2012, 11:34:53 PM
I would not be at all upset if George Osborne died in a horrible car crash. Or from a painful form of cancer.

I wouldn't shed a tear for a single one of them, and I'm a very moderate, compassionate and sensitive human being. In fact, I came out as more to the left than the Dalai Lama in that online test thing that was doing the rounds some months back.

I believe in the inherent goodness of humanity but we are being governed by a mob of truly despicable elitist gangsters, who have nothing but contempt for 99.9% of the electorate.

So fuck it, line 'em up I say.

Charlie boy

I wasn't raised to follow any particular religion, the closest I came to that was having to pray at the end of each school assembly. I was brought up to see the good of the Labour party, however and think they have received a lot of flack in recent years. Some people blame an entire global financial crisis on Labour- largely as the Conservatives rushed out to say it was Labour's fault time and time again- and believe this despite a number of economic experts etc at the time saying Gordon Brown was taking the right path to try and get a quick recovery. Sadly, this recovery was choked right off by those in charge now. I understand people will have different views but the way I see it when it comes to politics- at least with Labour we're safe in the knowledge we won't lose the NHS.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Charlie boy on 09 October, 2012, 01:46:18 PM
I wasn't raised to follow any particular religion, the closest I came to that was having to pray at the end of each school assembly. I was brought up to see the good of the Labour party, however and think they have received a lot of flack in recent years. Some people blame an entire global financial crisis on Labour- largely as the Conservatives rushed out to say it was Labour's fault time and time again- and believe this despite a number of economic experts etc at the time saying Gordon Brown was taking the right path to try and get a quick recovery. Sadly, this recovery was choked right off by those in charge now. I understand people will have different views but the way I see it when it comes to politics- at least with Labour we're safe in the knowledge we won't lose the NHS.

I used to think Labour were great (back when they represented the common individual) but over the years they've become more like the Tories. All the political parties seem to be moving towards a common goal of non stop bullshit to the electorate. 

The NHS is something to be cherished but I think even Labour will sell out the remainder of their morals for the right price.

Cheers  :)
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Gonk

And so much for the olympic games inspiring a generation twaddle. We've got the bulldozers outside digging up the last playing field in our town. Pppppfffffrrrrttttt!
coming at a cinema near you soon

Professor Bear

I am happy to see this thread latterly becoming more relatable as it calls for the murder of our feudal masters and an end to their constant taxes on the working classes.
What we need more than anything is an election system that relies entirely on write-in candidates.  It means that we might end up with Zod or Robocop in Downing Street, but at least those guys will murder you to your face.

The Prodigal

Quote from: Professah Byah on 09 October, 2012, 05:15:18 PM
I am happy to see this thread latterly becoming more relatable as it calls for the murder of our feudal masters and an end to their constant taxes on the working classes.
What we need more than anything is an election system that relies entirely on write-in candidates.  It means that we might end up with Zod or Robocop in Downing Street, but at least those guys will murder you to your face.

You'd get my vote Prof.

Frank

Quote from: Charlie boy on 09 October, 2012, 01:46:18 PM

Gordon Brown had the longest period in office, the greatest influence on policy, and enjoyed more independence of action than any Chancellor in living memory (perhaps of all time). He really has no-one else to blame for selling off assets to fund non-capital expenditure during the boom years, without replenishing those reserves (while credit was still easily available on favourable terms) to see us through the bust that Brown assured us he'd put an end to. There are sound economic reasons why Angela Merkel's sitting, like Smaug, on top of a pile of gold in Frankfurt.

Worse, the Labour Party (1997-2010) managed to throw unprecedented sums of cash at the NHS without improving the service or establishing a source of long-term funding for it that would have put it beyond the reach of characters like Osbourne and Cameron. Health spending still accounts for around 7% of UK GDP; if the IMF's gloomy predictions about the UK's negative growth prove correct, the coalition's going to look at cutting NHS staffing and resources - and it's difficult to see how Labour could or would do differently in the same circumstances.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sauchie on 09 October, 2012, 08:50:00 PM
There are sound economic reasons why Angela Merkel's sitting, like Smaug, on top of a pile of gold in Frankfurt.

Or rather Ben Shalom (the great Worm) Bernanke is.

Gonk

"Selling off assets to fund non-capital expenditure" ?

Do you mean selling industry and business ownership, along with gold reserves abroad to pay for politicians and civil servants obscene incomes?
coming at a cinema near you soon

COMMANDO FORCES

You've done it now, the Borg will be coming for you!

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: The Prodigal on 09 October, 2012, 09:27:10 AM
Beaky fella I would agree that wishing ill on anyone (e.g. Iranians) isn't the best of sentiments except I don't think Richmond was actually wishing that. He doesn't need me to talk for him but I think he was just expressing extreme anger at something and this Christian shares the anger if not the expression of it.

Once again you're the moderate voice in the extremist crowd - myself notwithstanding, of course - Prodigal dude, and I don't wish harm on Iranians, it's their leadership that needs to be taught a valuable lesson... preferably by a payload of bunker busters and a nice nuke down the hole, and God bless the Israeli pilot that pulls the trigger on the one that sends Ahmadinejad to Hades...

And our fair 'moderator' - and that's a joke in itself now - wished plainly and explicitly that a politician whose views he disagreed with would get either in a car crash or develop cancer, I think that speaks for itself, he was clearly wishing that, and he's an idiot for doing so... although the fact he's a fool isn't exactly a surprise!

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 09 October, 2012, 08:38:08 AM
Jim has put it better than I could.
I'm touched that your need to defend a right wing millionare against a post I made on a site about a comic prompted you to break your word.
And do me a afavour - if you're praying for me, make it to Odin. He's cool and has a groovy horse. Not really interested in that Jimmy Saville peadophile ghost fella you claim to follow.

The subject matters may be different, but you chastised one poster for getting personal, whilst you clearly got a heck of a lot more personal yourself, it was hypocrisy and you know it is, but why would I expect anything less from you?  And I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say with that Jimmy Saville remark, what he or a ghost (?) has to do with your hypocrisy and utter ineptitude as a so-called 'moderator' is beyond me, but stick with the medication, Rich, it's bound to kick in one of these days... 

Now if you'll excuse me, this forum has started to stink something awful, enjoy yourselves gentlemen, you deserve each other (Prodigal excepted)... here endeth the lesson.
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 10 October, 2012, 04:09:36 AM
And our fair 'moderator' - and that's a joke in itself now - wished plainly and explicitly that a politician whose views he disagreed with would get either in a car crash or develop cancer

No he didn't. He said he wouldn't get upset if he did. That's quite a big distinction. It's the difference between actively wishing harm on someone and lacking compassion regarding their eventual fate.

WhitBloke

If asked yesterday, "Hey, how do you put one pile of holes inside another pile of holes?" I wouldn't have had a clue.  About the only response I could have mustered would have been, "There's so many holes there, it's not funny."  Mind you, if somebody were to have shown me it's quite likely I would have thought them some kind of genius.

That was yesterday.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

TordelBack

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 10 October, 2012, 04:09:36 AM... it's their leadership that needs to be taught a valuable lesson... preferably by a payload of bunker busters and a nice nuke down the hole, and God bless the Israeli pilot that pulls the trigger on the one that sends Ahmadinejad to Hades...

...wished plainly and explicitly that a politician whose views he disagreed with would get either in a car crash or develop cancer

As a wise Gungan once said, "Better dead here, den deader in da core...Ye gods, whatsa mesa sayin?"

Neither wishing nor God make it so, however similar the wish.  Important lesson.