Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Festive Front Tourney - 1982 vs 1994

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 December, 2020, 06:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

BANG! No messing around with this Christmas Cover Competitive Clash we're straight into the knockouts.

The ultimate in utilitarian yuletide covers by the Mighty Mike McMahon vs Jason 'The Basher' Brashill's cute baubles. SMASH vote to crush your least favourite!

Vote by simply popping the year you think has the best cover in a reply to this thread. No messing about this round just 2 DAYS this round and I'll close up voting first thing Friday 11th December (if my timings are right?!?). Count up and the top cover will go through to the semi-finals.

Any questions just ask.

1982 - Prog 296 - Larger image

1994 - Prog 920 - Larger image

What the HELL is all the nonsense? Find out more about it all

abelardsnazz

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

ming

TordelBack

McMahon Dredd is glorious, but snow and speech bubble aside it isn't particularly Christmassy.

Brashill OTOH has designed a whole series of lovely little pre-Funko anti-hero baubles that Tharg should at least try to sell us, and hung them on a tree. It's 1994 for me, but let it be known that my vote is for the cover image and the cover image alone...

AlexF

1982 is the better peice of art, but 1994 has a little Slaine plushy bauble complete with boar-tusks codpiece. SO yeah, 1994.

Link Prime

'82 was just before my time, so I'll go with the mild radioactive nostalgic glow of 1994.

Bolt-01

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

shaolin_monkey

TordelBack

For the benefit of  both younger and quasi-senile squaxx, I feel I should point out that (IIRC) the silver areas on Brashill's dangly bits & tinsel were actual metallic stuff,  beloved of First Issue!! Collectors'Item!!! Variant Cover!!!! publishers everywhere. How much more '90s Comic Xmas could one cover be?

Well, for the answer to that I direct you to L'il Friday's pouch-heavy vest.

Funt Solo

I like shiny baubles as much as the next squaxx, but it's the nostalgia beauty of McMahon's 1982 Dredd and intimidated cits for me.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rogue Judge