Main Menu

Prog 1337

Started by ukdane, 19 April, 2003, 05:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Cheers Joolz (thats the wifes name BTW)

Got my reductions done on the second Whistler today; money of my mom and the in-laws; have to wait for tonight for swag from the kiddies. The wife took me to see Paul Macartney last week (which was nice, in an "I'm not really a fan" kinda way)

Good prog though :)

rotts

Bolt-01

Yorkie.

The wife was moaning about that capaign the other week, so I told her that Yorkie were about to launch a bar in a pink wrapper for the chicks; I never thought anything more about it.

Two days ago I heard her on the phone to one of her mates telling them about the pink Yorkies she 'saw' the other day.

I pi$$ed myself, but never said a word!

Rotts

Tiplodocus

I'm with the Trout here - I'm not going to go into details but I've thoroughly enjoyed the last two progs - all the new stuff looks tasty.  I have the odd minor reservation about things but definitely above avergae stuff.

Yorkie:
I saw a big ad that had the usual "Yorkie-it's not for girls stuff" and then some big text saying "Save your money for driving lessons".

I was actually vaguely amused by the first campaign with the girls pretending to be blokes but this seems to have tipped the balance completely the wrong way and is just being offensive regardless of how hilarious and ironic some people might think.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Big Man

Isn't Yorkie the bass player in the great, but under-rated band, Space ?
"Is there a problem here ?"

paulvonscott

Progs pretty good at the moment, and gasp... nothings really annoying me...

Slippery PD

**THUD**

Slippo falls backwards in amazement

:-)

paulvonscott

Yorkie bar ads.

Hmmm... is there too much Oestrogen in your local water supplies?  Have you seen what the balance of sexist adverts on tv is?  It's definately in favour of the femmes, and at least this is a self-conscious joke, before you start complaining, you should take some time out to see what is lurking on your TV screens.

Yeah, found something to moan about in the absence of anything bad in 2000AD.

A dungaree wearing militant.

Oddboy

Yorkie bars are made by The Evil Nestl?, so what do you expect?

Better set your phaser to stun.

Slippery PD

Owned by Scott's Dad????  Leaving him to devote his time to writing?!?!?

Yer Slippo

IndigoPrime

::This interceptions thing, hmm we'll let that cook a while, but extra dimensional marbles containing who knows what being passed to unsuspecting individuals?  Immediately reminded me of 13 and the Incal in that respect::

Reminded me of the rather aged Star Brand, albeit set 500 years in the future and with better art...

Elsewhere in the prog, I really hope Orlok's dead. Bringing him back _again_ would be pretty pointless. Shame about the story itself, though; it was pretty weak IMO.

Tiplodocus

Yes but not everybody gets the irony and it just ends up reinforcing hurtful myths that women can't drive etc.  Not everyone is as enlightened as you, Sir PVS.

And did you really just try to convince me that two wrongs make a right?

Irony? Irony? My wife does all the irony?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

paulvonscott

Oh dear Mr Tips, you've been drinking too much tap water havn't you...

Last of the V8's

Yep this prog is totally Zarjaz.
Loved the cover.

Capt.Zeep

Forgot to mention ABCs:  Couple of classic lines - " I hate it when dogs figure out how to turn on the food tap!"  "Hmmm yes, he seems to prefer 'runny' "  (or something very like)

And the whole voices getting quieter and quieter thing culminating in "... .. what?"  "SWITCH TO RADIO FREQUENCY!"  (again from memory)

Chortle-tastic!

Cripes I realy should be at work.

petemaskreplica

Finally got my prog (Damn you, The Royal Mail! Damn you to hell!) and if you look carefully, you'll see I'm an extra smiley mask today! Tharg's organ has rarely looked more potent!

Never mind Yorkies, I had a Double Decker the other day, and was disappointed to find they've ruined it by altering the proportions, the biscuity layer is now overwhelmed by the squidgy layer. And Mars bars are definitely smaller than they used to be...