Main Menu

Here's Johnny up for a Cultural Diversity Network award

Started by Alexlouise, 03 November, 2009, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexlouise

Hello all

We've just found out that Here's Johnny has been nominated by Channel 4 for a cultural diversity network award.  It's a very big award and would mean a lot to the hero that is Johnny Hicklenton.  Voting takes place from the 5th of November on broadcast now website and would only take a couple of minutes out of your day!!

For those who didn't get to see it, Here's Johnny is an award winning documentary that follows Grpahic artist John Hicklenton over a 7 yr period as he deals with being diagnosed with MS, and the difficulties he faces with the prospect of losing his use of hands and having to give up his amazing work.

Johnny is very involved in the documentary and he would be the person receiving the award. It would mean a lot to him to win this award as he's very poorly at the moment, and I'm sure it would certainly make him very happy.

Please please please spread the word for people to vote and vote yourself!

Many thanks

Alex

Banners

Is it due on again in light of the nomination? Missed it first time around...

M@

COMMANDO FORCES

It was an excellent documentary. John showed us his life in a raw way instead of the usual soft approach that documentaries normally do.

Alexlouise

Hey,

We haven't heard that it's back on,  it's available to buy or watch a trailer at www.heresjohnnyfilm.com ,  The DVD is pretty amazing, it's a full artwork cover and all individually signed by Johnny.

Hopefully if it does win (fingers crossed) they'll put it on again, it's been on More 4 twice and was avaialble on 4 on demand, it might be available to download in their main history, but think the free download is taken down a month after transmission.

Many thanks for your support!

Alex

Alexlouise

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewfeinberg/sets/72157604094777706/

Also little bit of visual bits from South by South West, where it had it's world premiere,  the Man in the Dredd costume is Adam Lavis the director of the film and Johnny's very good friend.

Mike Gloady

Good documentary that, my cousin suffers from MS and had only just been diagnosed when it first aired.  All the family who saw it found it deeply affecting (as well as asking me about his work afterwards, lifelong Dredd/Nemesis fan that I am).

I'll vote for that in a heartbeat.  Best documentary I'd seen in ages, that it covered someone who I only knew as a name in a credit box was entirely beside the point, but did add a little something. 

Wish Johnny well from all of us here on the board, he's a rare talent.  I'm sure it's good to know that the film made such an impact on so many.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

uncle fester

Indeeed, pass on our very best. That was the most moving dosumentary I've seen. On a personal note, John's artwork has been a massive influence on me and long may it continue.

Alexlouise

Ah thank you very much for your comments,  Johnny will be very touched.
As soon as we get the link for voting we're put it up here,  any facebookers out there I've started a group called "Here's Johnny for a CDN award" where there's lots of articles and where i'm hoping lots of people can forward on the links or change statues for a while.

Thanks again

Alex

Mike Gloady

Be happy to.  If ever there was a documentary that deserved an award it's that one.  It was a real eye opener and the rawness of it was amazing. 

Johnny's been a real influence on me too, although he'd probably rather blame someone else.

Post again once it's all up.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

An excellent and enlightening documentary, it was a joy to watch. I'll be voting for it, as soon as we can.

eggonlegs

Alexlouise

Thanks so much everyone

The voting goes live on the 5th, I've been searching all over the broadcast site to see where it's going to be, but nothing yet, as soon as I see it I'll post it here and also on the facebook group "Here's Johnny for a CDN award" .

Lets hope we get lots of people to vote, Johnny will be so proud he's the main reason we're doing it and why we made the documentary in the first place,  he's really poorly at the moment and I know it'll remind him how many people care.

Thanks again

Mike Gloady

Alexlouise

Hello all

there's been a mix up with broadcast, voting is live from tomorrow
www.Broadcastnow.co.uk

Will post proper link tomorrow,

x

dweezil2

Excellent documentary, very moving. The DVD is definately worth buying.
I'll certainly be adding my support by voting.
Hope to see some more of John's work in The Meg or 2000ad soon.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo