Main Menu

The Seven

Started by The Sherman Kid, 25 May, 2014, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

IIRC Ephraim had never been mentioned before Origins.

The Cal Files is a weird one in light of Origins as it hinges on the 'revelation' that Dredd is not a clone but the result of an affair between the 'incorruptible' Fargo and a mystery woman. A rare example of Wagner tripping up on continuity.

Frank

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 30 May, 2014, 06:25:32 PM
The only mentions I've heard of the character are the various dissaproving but vauge references during Origins - I just wondered if we'd been told more during the rather large gap in my Dredd reading (The Cal Files, maybe)?

I'm pretty sure Origins represents the first time Wagner worked out any details of the Fargo clan. It's difficult to imagine the Eustace Fargo depicted in Origins (a proto-Dredd, basically) enjoying the kind of candlelit dinner depicted in The Cal Files - Sequenta Tells don't look like she took much romancin' "when his workload permitted".

That "ornery" is as much as I've ever read about Ephram. If I remember correctly, you started reading 2000ad at the same time I stopped, so between us we've got this two horse town surrounded.

Frank

Quote from: radiator on 30 May, 2014, 06:41:56 PM
The Cal Files is a weird one in light of Origins as it hinges on the 'revelation' that Dredd is not a clone but the result of an affair between the 'incorruptible' Fargo and a mystery woman. A rare example of Wagner tripping up on continuity

Kind of. I read The Cal Files as Dredd being shocked to learn that Fargo had dipped his wick originally, but a re-read in light of Origins suggests it's the allegation that Fargo procured preferential treatment for Arden Polders that gives rise to Dredd's comment about his clone father being "touched by corruption", and it's the suggestion that his clone origins were a lie (and that he had a biological mother) that have the greatest impact on Dredd.

TordelBack

Agreed, although I'd add that seeing Fargo's single lapse becoming just one of many is factor too.

The Sherman Kid

Okay, I've been patient but we've not seen Rico for quite a while now ...tapping foot   ;)

Would be good to see him back and what has happened to Dolman (..and fill in the blanks regarding the 'seven'). Too much for a nerd to ask  :D :wave: :thumbsup:?