Main Menu

Which Artist Should Kill Judge Dredd?

Started by Definitely Not Mister Pops, 02 May, 2012, 09:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

There's already a thread discussing how Dredd will die, but this is not what this thread is about.

It's obvious that Wagner is the only writer whom we will permit to kill Joe, but who do you think could draw his death?

For me, the obvious answer would be Carlos or McMahon. I shouldn't need to explain those choices. Carlos designed him and McMahon drew him in his first published strip.If either of them drew Dredd's final outing, it would be like....I dunno...circular?

And out of those two, I would prefer McMahon. His style has developed incalculably, the contrast between his work on both the first and last Dredd strip would be interesting.

Tell me why I'm wrong
You may quote me on that.

vzzbux

The creators should kill off their toys. End of.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Spikes

Wagner to write the story and various artist to draw it with the last episode by Ezquerra.
Dillon, Smith, Gibson, Bolland, and McMahon, to supply the rest. In no particular order, as long as McMahon is 2nd to last.
Never happen though - killing off Dredd that is, ;-)

JOE SOAP

Emperor

Colin MacHerokiller - he has form for this kind of thing ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

W. R. Logan

Carlos wouldnt kill off Johnny Alpha so may not want to kill Joe either?

pauljholden

All of them. In a massive 36page special, have dredd's death (be it at the hand of a big bad guy or shot in the back by a juve) drawn from lots of angles/viewpoints (maybe an issue framed by RICO investigating what happened, and each person interviewecd relates dredd's death - drawn by different artists...)

JOE SOAP

Roger Godpleton

I think they'd need to take the site down for a full month before that happened.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Trout

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 03 May, 2012, 12:20:12 AM
I think they'd need to take the site down for a full month before that happened.

That twice today that Roger has made me laugh.

WHO SPIKED MY DRINK? Own up, you bastards.

Dudley

The great thing if McMahon drew it in his new style is that you'd never be quite sure Dredd had died.

Bat King

Quote from: pauljholden on 03 May, 2012, 12:09:08 AM
All of them. In a massive 36page special, have dredd's death (be it at the hand of a big bad guy or shot in the back by a juve) drawn from lots of angles/viewpoints (maybe an issue framed by RICO investigating what happened, and each person interviewecd relates dredd's death - drawn by different artists...)

I like this idea.

Or Carlos.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

The Enigmatic Dr X

Colin "No Soul" MacNeil.

He'll kill off anyone's character. If the page rate is good enough. No questions. No remorse.
Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

Mark Millar & Siku. Then I can get all upset on several different levels all at once.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

brendan1

Quote from: pops1983 on 02 May, 2012, 09:27:44 PM
There's already a thread discussing how Dredd will die, but this is not what this thread is about.

It's obvious that Wagner is the only writer whom we will permit to kill Joe, but who do you think could draw his death?

For me, the obvious answer would be Carlos or McMahon. I shouldn't need to explain those choices. Carlos designed him and McMahon drew him in his first published strip.If either of them drew Dredd's final outing, it would be like....I dunno...circular?

And out of those two, I would prefer McMahon. His style has developed incalculably, the contrast between his work on both the first and last Dredd strip would be interesting.

Tell me why I'm wrong

Because McMahon's recent versions of Dredd have been ugly, angular, cartoony shite.

As for who should draw Dredd's death, I'd prefer it be nobody. But if pushed, obviously Ezquerra.