Main Menu

Does My Figure look big in this?

Started by Trooper McFad, 09 April, 2021, 09:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

To all Squaxx
Using inspiration from the "Does my Art look big in this?" thread
I think that all of us enthusiastic amateur sculptures/model makers deserve a thread to show their creativity and imagination.

Having only been on the board a relatively short time compared to some it's not easy to find others creations. But they are out their - Shaolin 👍🏻.

So no matter how long ago it was done, if anyone has pics of unique creations either changed from shop bought kits, action figures or ambitious "built from scratch" figures please post here for all to find under one banner.
(a few details on how it was done would be great hopefully give me tips on future characters)

I'll start it off with the ones I did over the last year. My latest creation should be finished in about a week and I believe it's above my "normal" standards
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Trooper McFad

Hamerstien – used a knock off "Tsukuda" kit. I changed position of arms & hands. Body amended with Model clay. Other bits & pieces added using Milliput.

Trooper McFad

Ro-Jaws - made from scratch. Main body is Model clay and the addons sculpted from Milliput.

Trooper McFad

Dredd V Batman – Dredd is a converted knock off Halcon kit. Repositioned arms & legs. Batman is converted from toy figure. Changed leg position and added Cape. The cape was made with model clay. All other tweaks were sculpted using Milliput

Trooper McFad

Earl Reagan – Converted Indiana Jones kit using Milliput to change hat and add waistcoat boots & holster.

Trooper McFad

Sam, Haogy & Stoagie – Sam is a converted Han Solo kit. All added extras were sculpted using Millipat. Haogy was built from scratch using model clay for the core and details were added using Milliput. Stoagie is the end of a tooth pick.

Funt Solo

No directly 2K stuff here, but I do have a Thrud that's modeled after Carl Critchlow's character design (so, a link) - the model is not modified, only painted - but I did the base myself:

And this is a Slaine mini I bought pre-painted in Moniave a while back:

(I did model the base of the terrain he's standing on - a cobbled path which you can't see from this angle.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Funt Solo on 09 April, 2021, 10:16:01 PM
No directly 2K stuff here, but I do have a Thrud that's modeled after Carl Critchlow's character design (so, a link) - the model is not modified, only painted - but I did the base myself:

And this is a Slaine mini I bought pre-painted in Moniave a while back:

(I did model the base of the terrain he's standing on - a cobbled path which you can't see from this angle.)
Good stuff Funt I always have issues on how to cover the bases of my minis

Dandontdare

Loving the Thrud - I was a big fan back in the White Dwarf days, but for some reason never knew (or forgot till now) that it was Carl Critchlow

Woolly

The Sam Slade and Hammerstein are worthy of official releases, fantastic stuff!  :cool:

Colin YNWA

Rara Avis

Sorry about the size and the lack of photo shoot styling but here you go.

There are more here:https://imgur.com/user/usernumber34257/posts

The hand at the bottom of the pedestal is supposed to be glued down at the name but I accidentally knocked it off when I was dusting it ... which is why I haven't dusted it since.

Dandontdare

wow, that's very nice indeed. Is that the 3A figure originally -how did you do the head and neck?

Trooper McFad

That's cracking

Did you do the changes/ painting yourself?