Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Ro-Jaws Robo-Tales vs. Survival Geeks Round 3 Heat 23

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 May, 2022, 06:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

Quote from: Funt Solo on 26 May, 2022, 03:43:59 PM
Those one-parter series have highs and lows, but the format betrays them.

Survival Geeks is a solid gold modern 2000 AD classic. Yes: modern and classic. Also perhaps the best comedy they've ever done. And it seemed to know when to end, avoiding the wheel spinning of some other long-running series. Still - there's 'Splorers to enjoy now.

Yeah modern classic is a thing. It's more about quality than being old.

Examples include Brink, Lawless, Kingdom (even if I didn't vote for it in the current round), Abaslom, The Out and others.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

abelardsnazz

sintec

Two comedy strips, one from the early days the other a more modern tale. There are some classics in among Ro-Jaws tales but it's Survival Geeks that wins this one for me

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

Tomorrow, tomorrow
You can vote til tomorrow
Survival Geeks seems here to stay...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 26 May, 2022, 10:52:23 AM
Are we including the initial Abelard Snazz story as a Robo-Tale (which I think it was when first published)?

Sorry I missed this. This was a question I'm glad I wasn't asked for the Abelard Snazz as the answer there would have been complex. Here its easy. yers those stories count as they came under the series Robo-Tales and so are paert of your vote.

Late in the day I know but there we go and doubt it would have effected the result.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

As last night taught me you don't always get the result you want. I did here, by quite some margin... errr .... sooo...

Survival Geeks

will be setting up house in Round 4.