Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - 13 vs. Banzai Battalion Rd 3 Heat 61

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 June, 2022, 06:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So here we are final week of Round 3 and quality here will set us up well for what's to come. There are some stunning ties here and a proper local derby to really add some flavour - I was so chuffed when this one was drawn as it's a right good tie (you'll only have to wait until Tuesday...). Round 4 will be coming soon (Monday next week I imagine!) and it's going to start to get super tough... or tougher at least!

We need to cool down after yesterday's big draw match-up, maybe this will allow that? 13 has fought off Angel Zero and Tales from Beyond Science and Banzai Battalion weeded another Andy Clarke strip on Snow/Tiger and then cropped Meet Darren Dead. This might be more low key than the big game yesterday but there still might be a little interest (see what I did there!)

13 - more info

Vs

Banzai Battalion - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 2nd  July and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Aaron A Aardvark

rogue69

AlexF

Got a lot of love for Banzai Battalion, but even more for 13. All-time great one-off story with plenty of mad ideas. Looks like this will be a bit of a tussle.

Dark Jimbo

Aw, no! What a draw! Lot of love for both of these strips.

I think 13 is just going to edge it for me; wish we'd had a bit more of it. The phrase 'Tits like God's own earmuffs' has never quite left me.
@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

Banzai Battalion. General Jumbo updated! what's not to like.
DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sintec

I liked Thirteen less than I expected to and Banzai Battalion more that I thought I would - Banzai Battalion

Blue Cactus

13 maybe but there's not an out and out winner for me here.

Huey2

Magnetica