Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Shakara vs. Ichabod Rd 4 Heat 28

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 July, 2022, 06:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Final week of Round 4 and Round 5 beckons. As ever some interesting match ups, but again this feels like a week when some 'weaker' thrills will end their runs and Round 5 will have unbelievably tough calls, not that Round 4 hasn't but the quality will just keep ranking up and up as we go on.

In keeping with the taciturn protagonists here. VOTE!

Form book:

Shakara - Bye;    Stainless Steel Rat; Helium
Ichabod Azrael - Bye; Mechastopheles; Tharg the Mighty

Shakara - more info

Vs

Ichabod Azrael (and the rest) - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 29th July and the winner gets a place in Round 5 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

abelardsnazz

broodblik

Shakara all the way. One of the most original and awesome strips to grace the prog
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

AlexF

Ach it's a crime for two modern era greats to have to tussle so soon! Shakara book 1 was a real big deal for me. But after 5 books the lustre faded a little. Still great, mind. On the other hand as Ichabod got more meta I fell for it ever harder. The wordplay all through is like the equivalent of Flints twisted imagination.

Gonna vote in full for The Grievous Journey of Ichabod Azrael and the Dead Left in his Wake.

Magnetica

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

While Shakara is a modern classic, I had the huge pleasure of rereading Ichabod in the US format mini series a while back, and loved it.

So, Ichabod.

SBT

Barrington Boots

Seems like for a lot of us there's a thrill that one absolutely cannot abide, yet is held in universally high regard by everyone else. For me that's Ichabod. I hated it.

Shakara rules however. Shakara!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

IndigoPrime

I thought Ichabod was great. But Shakara was greater. SHAKARA!

Aaron A Aardvark

rogue69

sintec

Much as I enjoyed Ichabod's journey it's Shakara ftw

Southstreeter

Shakara! Top thrill from that noughties phase when the prog could do no wrong and every strip was a belter. This would win it just for the World Engine.