Main Menu

Steam punk Audrey Hepburn

Started by mrstu, 12 September, 2021, 01:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrstu

Hello all, I am a British Comic Award and ComicScene Awards nominated writer from the UK. I am the writer and co-creator of such titles as MEGATOMIC BATTLE RABBIT, CHRONO -CAT, CLOCKWORK INC and many more and I've recently had a colourist and letterer (same person) drop out of a project. The project is a three issue mini series called 'Amelia Brightside- The Miracle Child ' and it's elevator pitch is 'What would happen if James Bond was a Victorian steam punk Audrey Hepburn.' So, we are looking for someone to full those shoes ( the artist is Nico Quern). I will be honest and upfront and say that we have zero budget for this project at the moment so it would be back end pay, but as I have a decent following and a very good relationship with a couple of publishers we shouldn't have too much trouble getting this picked up. If your interested in getting involved please email me at stuperrins1@gmail.com

JayzusB.Christ

Sorry to bring this up - I'm pretty sure you're an honest type who means well, but the truth is you're asking for a lot of work for only a possibility of being paid; and I've noticed that quite a few of your previous posts are doing the same. 

Personally, I'm not a comic artist but I am a professional mural and portrait painter, and I've long since given up even a brief consideration of such requests.  I expect you don't know how much you're asking of people - it's an incredible workload and a massive chunk of someone's professional time, for which they could be doing something else that is guaranteed to pay the bills.

Apologies for being so blunt but it is something of a personal bugbear of mine.  Believe me, I'm speaking from experience - I took on many low-paid or free commissions, and they only got me the reputation of being a pushover.  It was the paid jobs that made clients start taking me seriously.   Imagine asking, say, an architect to fully design a building for which they may well never get paid. 

Here's something I found all too late, but it changed everything for me.

http://shouldiworkforfree.com/
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"