Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Mechwarrior Online. It's been a while so I'm rusty, but all it's really done is make me realise I need a new computer.

ThryllSeekyr

Within the last few days, Elite Dangerous has been that much harder. It's now almost impossible to avoid interdiction with a Federal Security ship and I lost all planetary date I had ben carrying (Over twenty planets worth gathered from three systems when I took on another ship that was merely using chaff against me and nothing else by the looks.

Might also have that I that I had mount for very expensive beam lasers with auto-tracking and was flying my latest purchase. A Viper.

Is there any issue with these blowing up through over use of high powered weaponry.

Link Prime

I downloaded Donkey Kong 64 on a nostalgic whim on my Wi U.
I played it through once when it was released back in the day on the N64, but never went back to it.

Despite the slightly wonky controls and camera, it's great fun.
One of those games I remember enjoying previously, yet I seem to have completely forgotten huge portions of it.
And jeebus, that song ('Jungle Japes'?)... Get the f*ck outta my head!

Batman's Superior Cousin

Previously Played - Life Is Strange: Episode 5 - Polarized, MineCraft: Story Mode: Episode One - The Order of the Stone, & Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 5 - The Vault of the Traveler

Currently Playing -  MineCraft: Story Mode: Episode Two - Assembly Required, & a few combat/predator missions on Batman: Arkham Knight (particularly Deconstruction, Uncontainable & Stage Fright).

Next up - MineCraft: Story Mode: Episode Three - The Last Place You Look, Game of Thrones: Episode Six - The Ice Dragon, and some more Arkham Knight DLC (especially A Flip of the Coin, Catwoman's Revenge, & Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #4)
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Satanist

Playing Wasteland 2 at the moment - Turn-based post apocalyptic RPG and though its tough I'm loving it.

Looking forward to the awesome gaming month of November in which I will be playing...

Fallout 4
Game of Thrones episode 6
Star Wars Battlefront
Bloodborne DLC

I feel like a kid on Xmas eve!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

ThryllSeekyr

Played a lot of DOTA Two within the last month. 79 hours on my Steam - Account record and sweet game that entirely for free and I do get the impression it's been influenced by stuff here. Yet, with strong fantasy theme.

With long eared dwarfish characters called Meepo and one dude carrying a axe, another a meat cleaver, another flying back of a large bat. Of course, that last one just like outlaw biker using the rare beast for his chopper. Most likely, this one was based on the Rastafarian sounding bat-riding Trolls from War-Craft Three where I use to fantasise about this being Modded with real 2000AD identities. UIs this As close as we get to having our own multi-character Tooth-Themed game where they all fight or co-op for land and resources. I was almost totally convinced after I chose Bane who strangely resembles a transgended Warlock or a more feral looking Dark Judge. The one who uses pestilence  or one H.R. Gigers Alien Xenomorph designs from the famous film of the same name.

You Decide for Yourself

Also, tried out Dragon-Age -Inquisition's - Free-Trial for awhile. Not sure how much time I have left on this, but find it strangely much better than it's earlier version's. It's finally worth playing and so far, turns out to be a excellent gameplay model for Dungeons & Dragons on any PC. Knew it was better ever since it was reviewed on Good Game almost this time last year.

Wish was playing the game on my own pc instead of my dad's as it odes run very slowly with all the graphic options pushed to maximum. I just haven't the room for this right now and had to access Origin to play this as Steam only has the other Bio-Ware games, but not this....weird????

Hawkmumbler

Been playing a lot of Undertale recently, a really great (if somewhat twisted) retro RPG.

Davek

Splatoon (its all I every play!)

SpongeJosh

Judge Dredd Vs Judge Death thanks to Steam sale  :lol:

Wow, i should of played this sooner (ok maybe 12yrs ago sooner).

Great game.

:)

ThryllSeekyr

Being playing the Bard's Tale on and off for the last fortnight, The latest version, that was very different from the earlier games.

I'm pretty sure the Boab fellow was based on Mick Lynch, even though the character sounds more Scottish and I think I have got about as far as I could have for the time being.

I also have been playing the very first Bard's Tale.....Tales of the Unknown *Included with the other game if you access it from the title menu!) and it's harder than I remember. Not that I ever officially played it before, I only purchased the second (Destiny-Knight) and third (Thief of Fate) in the series. Yet, by some strange quirk of fate, my copy of Destiny-Knight only hade the core-game disk for Tales of the Unknown inside, along with the Destiny-Knight dungeon disk that never worked with the game once it was started. (In the days before internet and before we owned the computers we have now. I only ever played this game on the Commodore 64 and games were loaded on the disk-drive  or cassette-tape-player and never truly installed!) So, my party of adventures were confined to the streets of Skara-Brae and I stilled the game back then and more avidly than I play it these days. Eventually getting one character up to higher enough level, a Hobbit-Bard called Orpheus, because he was always kept away from the danger of the front line. It was eventually him who become higher enough in level that he was able to carry other lower level characters into victory. Yet, they never made it out of Skara-Brae. Not use how many times I have rei treated this story in different ways on the InExile Bard's Tale IV forums and otherwise, I don't say much else there at all. Because, I really have no footing other there. I don't have any ideas that I can pitch to them about the next Bard's Tale that won't be finished in another two years time at least from what I heard.

Playing the game again today and as it was intended and like I said. It's requires more attention and work than I am used to giving the games of games of today.

I have had to reinstall the game three times now, because you really only have a chance with the party of characters that they have made up for you. Known as the A-Team and consisting of....

Brian (Fargo) the Fist obviously a Warrior or Monk of one of the more masculine racial stock.

Samson who is about the same.

Markus & Merlin who are either either another warrior type or a Magician or Conjuror and the latter is definitely one of the Magic-User class's.

The last one is El-Cid the Bard and because these premade characters are also pre-outfitted. They have about that much more chance of survival. If your astute enough in this game or bothering to read me this far. That one has in there possession a Fire-Horn and if you bother to have him use it each time the party is accosted by street ruffians. He will normally be able to take out the whole lot of them before they can land any hits on the rest of his companions. yet, his Dexterity is not quite high that he can always do this and some times that's all it takes to lose half you party.

So, I still managed to screw up......

Continued later, having another go now.....

richerthanyou

The Sims 3 - Got it cheap in the steam sale. To be honest I don't see what all the fuss is about. Maybe I just lack creativity. I suppose my house was nothing more than a square room with a bog, a bed and a cooker. I don't see myself going to back to play it any time soon, although the idea of building a virtual Eddie Hitler and Richard Richard and locking them in a virtual flat could be entertaining...
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

arf1982

Got Rage recently on PS3 for 99p, i'm enjoying it so far, but I tend to have periods when I don't play games at all so it will probably take me till this time next year to complete

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: richerthanyou on 04 January, 2016, 05:55:25 PM
The Sims 3 - Got it cheap in the steam sale. To be honest I don't see what all the fuss is about. Maybe I just lack creativity. I suppose my house was nothing more than a square room with a bog, a bed and a cooker. I don't see myself going to back to play it any time soon, although the idea of building a virtual Eddie Hitler and Richard Richard and locking them in a virtual flat could be entertaining...

Your first house always starts out simple cause you got to make your sims work to build up their finances. Unless you know the money or free-buildings cheat code.

Sim3 was the worst of them all and I got special edition and it was stolen. Came in a nice green box with the manual and other reading material and official artwork, but it was all tiny.

I didn't like the lack of flexibility when doing the facial sculpting.

Satanist

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 November, 2015, 04:52:41 PM
Been playing a lot of Undertale recently, a really great (if somewhat twisted) retro RPG.

Seen this was one of the games of 2015 on Jimquisition, would you say its suitable for a 10 year old?

Got Blops 3 at xmas along with Bloodborne DLC. Still playing Battlefront and Fallout 4 so should be sorted for a good while yet.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Theblazeuk

Replaying Human Revolution after Shadowrun gave me a hunger for cyberpunk. Splashed out £4 for the Director's Cut

Appreciating it so much more than I remembered. Great game, great themes. Would love to see the first one just plain remade in this engine.