Main Menu

Exposition Death Screams

Started by Barrington Boots, 19 April, 2024, 03:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

Best thing shouted whilst being killed in this weeks Battle Action Force from 1986 that I read on my lunchbreak.

You don't really get these exposition death screams in the Prog anymore. Stuff like "The teeth - biting me in two! Aaargh!". Part of me misses how clunky and terrible they are. What's the best / worst you can remember?
The Men in Black - Naaaaaahhh! is ridiculous on many levels.
This frame also has a classic AIEEEEEEE

(Best death in the comic that week is Parsons in HMS Nightshade. It's a classic.)

You're a dark horse, Boots.

GoGilesGo

The original run of Fiends of the Eastern Front, which was otherwise tremendous, has a few of these very clunky Show AND Tell moments. This is one of the worst

Funt Solo

A retro-AIIIEEEEE! from Sinister Dexter in "The Gangbusters":

An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

nxylas

I do remember "Aiieee! Spider!" from the early Judge Dredd story You Bet Your Life.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

The Legendary Shark

The most recent one I saw was in the t.v. series, Rome, I forget the episode. Some stuffy Roman numpty, in the act of being run through with a sword says, in a mildly put-out tone, "Sir - I really must protest..." and then dies. Made me groan and laugh at the same time (graugh?). It's not really expositional, though (except in demonstrating the upper-class Roman faith in law and decorum, perhaps), so probably doesn't count here.

Luckily, there's always the old standby, "No! No! Not the teeth!" Or whatever it was.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Blue Cactus

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 19 April, 2024, 03:05:07 PMBest thing shouted whilst being killed in this weeks Battle Action Force from 1986 that I read on my lunchbreak.

You don't really get these exposition death screams in the Prog anymore. Stuff like "The teeth - biting me in two! Aaargh!". Part of me misses how clunky and terrible they are. What's the best / worst you can remember?
The Men in Black - Naaaaaahhh! is ridiculous on many levels.
This frame also has a classic AIEEEEEEE

(Best death in the comic that week is Parsons in HMS Nightshade. It's a classic.)

I'm sure there's some in Flesh, along the lines of 'it's... eating me alive', although I can't remember exactly

Doomlord66

Cover to prog 2 had 'aieeeeee its the thing from the hell planet'

Le Fink

JayzusB.Christ

Not in a comic, but from my old flatmate in my student days when I pretended to stab him: 'MY EYYYES! AND  NOW MY BRAIIIN!'
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Swerty

I like the one in Cursed Earth part 5 where the plane crashes into Mount Rushmore and he screams "No!No! Not the teeth!"

JohnW

Came upon this beauty from Mills and Colquhoun this morning.
Attempting to improve on perfection, I made one small change – see if you can spot it.

Alternatively, it could read:
NOW HE'S FIRING 7.7cm SHRAPNEL SHELLS AT US! AAAGH!

If Pat Mills is going to do the research, it's only fair that he share it with us.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

nxylas

Quote from: JohnW on 25 May, 2024, 09:33:57 AMAlternatively, it could read:
NOW HE'S FIRING 7.7cm SHRAPNEL SHELLS AT US! AAAGH!

If Pat Mills is going to do the research, it's only fair that he share it with us.
Have you read his MI7 Assassin stories? A lot of the prose is not unlike that.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!