Main Menu

So.. I'm confused.

Started by Aztecface, 14 September, 2014, 12:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aztecface

Quote from: Skullmo on 15 September, 2014, 10:31:33 PM
I hope this helps clarify. I have set out the different dimensional Earths that the different Dredds live on and what of those stories are 'cannon'

Oh my God!!! That's beautiful!!!

The Adventurer

Let's not forget all the alternate futures and parallel dimensions that have cropped up in Dredd. Dead World, the Age of the Wolf future, that world where everyone is nice (including Dredd), that hippy world the sov missile defense system blew up, Strontium Dog...

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

Skullmo I am both delighted and appalled that your rendering on the Dredd Ornery of Worlds existing.

Well done that man.

Now lets start a thread dissecting and squabbling over the details...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 September, 2014, 08:39:53 AM
Skullmo I am both delighted and appalled that your rendering on the Dredd Ornery of Worlds existing.

Ooh! Ooh! Me first! :)

How can the IDW colour versions of 2000AD Dredd's be 'non-cannon' [sic]...? They're canonical stories presented unaltered, apart from the addition of colour to the art.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Skullmo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 September, 2014, 09:21:56 AM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 September, 2014, 08:39:53 AM

Ooh! Ooh! Me first! :)

How can the IDW colour versions of 2000AD Dredd's be 'non-cannon' [sic]...? They're canonical stories presented unaltered, apart from the addition of colour to the art.

Cheers

Jim

Because Earth A was in generally in black and white up until Dredd was bashed on the head in Twister, which triggered a dimensional bleed of colour from Earth E1- the IDW reprints come from that colour Earth, there are some differences there mainly due to size.

It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

I want to live on Earth C64.
In 1986.

Greg M.

Quote from: Link Prime on 16 September, 2014, 10:40:44 AM
In 1986.

I'd prefer to live on Earth ZX48, its rival planet - not as colourful a world, granted, but the inhabitants are decidedly less blocky.

Skullmo

Quote from: Greg M. on 16 September, 2014, 02:36:05 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 16 September, 2014, 10:40:44 AM
In 1986.

I'd prefer to live on Earth ZX48, its rival planet - not as colourful a world, granted, but the inhabitants are decidedly less blocky.

Sorry, it was consumed by the entity known as Emulator during the computer wars (later the console wars). Other Earths destroyed include Earth 3DO, Earth CPC464, Earth CDI, Earth PS1.

Hawkmumbler

"Earth A-NUL: Were the Andel Gang came back to life."

Subtle.

Aztecface

Ok guys. That's enough with the confusion. Skullmo Thank You. I think that, in your own way, you have proved to be the easiest to understand. Thanks for the drawing. The rest of you... Thanks a million.

douglaswolk

For what it's worth, we tried pretty hard to make sure there was nothing in the IDW Mega-City Two miniseries that contradicted either the 2KAD-and-Megazine canon or the IDW/Swierczynski series. (Setting it in 2094 helped a lot with that: "well, maybe it changed by six years later...")

Tiplodocus

Where's the Earth with the Dredd vs. Death game? (One Earth for each port and another for the making of book).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Skullmo

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 18 September, 2014, 01:38:04 PM
Where's the Earth with the Dredd vs. Death game? (One Earth for each port and another for the making of book).

There are quite a few planets behind these that you cannot see.

That is the trouble with 2d representation diagrams unfortunately!

Tiplodocus

So is there a dimension for the 2D version of the Dredd movie and one for the 3D version.

According to the internet, billions of people wanted to go to 2D Dredd World but it only popped up every now and again.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Skullmo

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 18 September, 2014, 02:01:20 PM
So is there a dimension for the 2D version of the Dredd movie and one for the 3D version.

According to the internet, billions of people wanted to go to 2D Dredd World but it only popped up every now and again.

That is correct - the one on the diagram above was of the 2D Dredd world. The 3D one only appears on a 3D diagram.