Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

If the UK/US Govt who never lie say it never happened then i believe them.

If John Wagner didn't write it then it didn't happen.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

COMMANDO FORCES

Harry Carpenter has passed away.

ThryllSeekyr

Dorothy Bridges wife of the late Loyd Bridges has passed away.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102059/news#ni0685589

I knew her not.

Devons Daddy

Peter graves,

there is man whoms name will live on for along time, at least until our generation shuffle of this mortal coil,

the turkish prison line, is immortal!
mission impossible, a show which i always enjoyed. i am sure thats a shared thing in these parts, 
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Daveycandlish

US comics legend Dick Giordano, aged 77
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

JOE SOAP

What the Feck? It's been 3 days and no one mentions the death of ROBERT CULP...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 27 March, 2010, 06:02:46 PM

About twenty years ago, I (rather optimistically) sent an entirely unsolicited story proposal to DC. They rejected it, but the rejection letter I received was from Dick Giordano. Although it was brief, it was nonetheless clearly not a form letter and highlighted two or three key areas of weakness that had caused them to reject the story. In addition, its tone was more than positive enough to suggest that I should keep trying.

I thought that was quite something.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Kerrin

Quote from: Garageman on 27 March, 2010, 06:10:41 PM
What the Feck? It's been 3 days and no one mentions the death of ROBERT CULP...

Ah crap. I used to love "The Greatest American Hero". Cheers for flagging that up Garageman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_ZUSQQdoS4

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 27 March, 2010, 06:02:46 PM

He was indeed a legend. He drew a fantastic Jonah Hex issue (51) only a few months ago and his inking was incredible still.

Orlok

Didn't know about Robert Culp. I only thought of him about three days ago while playing Half Life 2 as he provided voicework for it.
Good actor.

Kerrin

Not so much an R.I.P as a G.F.R (Good Fucking Riddance), Eugene Terreblanche was murdered yesterday.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/apr/04/eugene-terreblanche-south-african-white-supremacist

Mike Gloady

GFR could be a (very dark and not at all tasteful) companion to this thread. 

ALthough there are very few who deserve that response.  Kevin Costner, Sarah Jessica Parker and Danny Dyer aside, obviously.

If they go out tomorrow I'm going to put my evil powers to use fighting crime.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Tweak72

Quote from: Orlok on 28 March, 2010, 08:14:02 PM
Didn't know about Robert Culp. I only thought of him about three days ago while playing Half Life 2 as he provided voicework for it.
Good actor.

I too have just been replaying the Half Life 2 games. There was a nice mention on Steam about his passing and his work on the Games. Shame. Dr Breen's speackes are really creepy/cool

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 04 April, 2010, 11:02:19 PM
GFR could be a (very dark and not at all tasteful) companion to this thread. 

ALthough there are very few who deserve that response. 

I think its a good idea.

I wouldnt have any problem at all adding plenty of names to that list either and they all deserve to be there.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death