Main Menu

Dr Who.... Season Climax (MASSIVE SPOILERS)

Started by Quirkafleeg, 17 May, 2007, 04:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

According to Popbitch (and they admit it could all be rubbish...

* John Simm as Mr Saxon, the PM, gets taken
    over by The Master.
    * The Master did this by hiding from the
    time war in the Tardis and waiting for the
    right body to come along (like in Hellraiser 3)
    * The Master becomes a Timelord again by
    splicing The Doctor's DNA and temporarily
    taking over Dr Who's body.
    * cliff-hangers at end are whether The Doctor
    rids himself of The Master, and whether the
    big explosion you see is Galifrey or Earth.

Byron Virgo

I thought in Hellraiser III he's just stuck in a big lump of what looks like poorly varnished polystyrene?

Art

Is that the one with all the new-fangled cenobites, like CD-player cenobite and gym-equipment cenobite? I think that was the point at which the series made the leap into full-fledged awful.

That said, I caught some kind of Hellraiser movie that was in space one time, which was abysmal, so there was actually quite a way to fall from there.

Adrian Bamforth

"The Master becomes a Timelord again by
splicing The Doctor's DNA and temporarily
taking over Dr Who's body."

I never understood what race has to do with Time-Lords - sure they may be from the same planet but since they don't have any super-powers aren't they just people who own time-machines?

Art

Pff. Moaning about Who is boring. Let's talk about bad sequels to Hellraiser some more.

Man, I can't believe the volume of utter pretentious and wanky comics I bought off the back of that franchise.

Buttonman

They've got two hearts and sonic screw driver shops. That's why they're better than us. Oh and a shouting gene too.

The Enigmatic Dr X

That's MY theory confirmed (have been ranting about it on SFX) - although I doubt the Master "hid".

At the end of the TV movie his spirit is sucked into the Eye of Harmony. That was opened at the end of the Ecclestone series, so I think he escaped the time war by being in there and then just floated out when Rose opened the door of his cell. After that, it's just a case of possession until - six dgrees of separation later - he's inside the PM.
Lock up your spoons!

Quirkafleeg

III was indeed the one with the totally crap cenobites... (like the cocktail shaking firey-one... thanks for reminding me of that.) And the crap nightclub. And I believe the good and bad Pinhead (what a great idea). I never subjected myself to any of the others beyond that (what about 7?). They are currently remaking the first one... no doubt with shite CGI

>Man, I can't believe the volume of utter pretentious and wanky comics I bought off the back of that franchise.

The pleasure of pain!!! The pleasure of pain!!! You though they were bad... but they were actually good!

I remember reading one in a comic shopthat was a collection of short stories ... every story ended with the 'twist' of "Oh bugger, I've accidentally created the Lament Configuration (or whatever it is called) in some slightly inventive way (e.g. writing a piece of music following where blood has been splattered on the music paper / following some mad architect's plans to build a house) and look who's arrived..."

Mr C

There's eight Hellraiser films.

Eight!

Art

I think the cenobite that was part videocamera could shoot laser beams. WTF? What videocamera can do that? That makes fuck all sense.

The pleasure of pain!!! The pleasure of pain!!! You though they were bad... but they were actually good!

Yeah. Not exactly sure what made all that jaded and seedy S&M nonsense quite as appealing to sexualy inexperienced 15 year old boys as it was.

I remember reading one in a comic shopthat was a collection of short stories ... every story ended with the 'twist' of "Oh bugger, I've accidentally created the Lament Configuration (or whatever it is called) in some slightly inventive way (e.g. writing a piece of music following where blood has been splattered on the music paper / following some mad architect's plans to build a house) and look who's arrived..."

Yeah, pretty much all exactly that.

Quirkafleeg

You should have been reading Gor novels like a healthy nerdy teenager.

Did the CD / DJ Cenobyte have sonic powers... or am I dreaming? A bit of googling reminds that Motorhead did some special songs for the sound track, the sell-out whores!

Satanist

"That said, I caught some kind of Hellraiser movie that was in space one time, which was abysmal, so there was actually quite a way to fall from there. "

I've seen that, 4 I think. It was shite of the highest order.

"There's eight Hellraiser films.

Eight!"

8???WTF when did this happen. I've got to see them. Me and my mates have regular bad video nights where we compete to see who can get the worst sci-fi or horror film. I think I might be onto a winner. I recommend Raptor, that was one of mine.

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Art

The CD guy could fire razor sharp CDs out of his head, IIRC. Clearly the producers had become concerned about the cenobites lack of ranged weaponry.

WoD

I've seen this elsewhere, and it was from hte same 'insider' who got last years arch completely wrong...

Quirkafleeg

Bad film fans... search for 'Carnosaur' on YouTube. It's what you get when you try to make Jurassic Park with a budget of a couple of thousand dollars (to be generous. I just cannot believe they made three of the things...