Main Menu

No Sub copy of 2000ad again this week

Started by jabish, 28 April, 2012, 12:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabish

Hi all,

Postman's been and gone and this is the second week in a row I have had no delivery of the prog. I Live in South East London. I'm going to contact the subs dept. on monday but anyone else have this problem?

This is where a combined Paper/Digital subscription would come in handy because this isn't the first time this has happened.

Bad timing as well as I'm itching to read Dredd and have avoided all spoilers so far.

be cool

JB

Dan Kelly

It happens.

I'm in the same boat in London and annoying though it is I'm not sure there's much that complaining can do. The fact that they normally turn up on Monday suggests its more that the Postal Service are sh*te rather than any fault on Rebellion.

I'm also not sure that the sub promises anything other than a copy to your door — and getting it early is just a perk.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Pete Wells

Yeah, the lack of a review thread says none of the regulars got theirs either.

For the love of Grud, whyyyyyyyyyyyy?

BPP

On behalf of all 'buy it on the shops to keep it visible' purchasers.....

GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dr Feeley Good

JOE SOAP

Tharg's delayed it on purpose 'cause the Chaos-Countdown-Clock doesn't reach its end-point til Monday.

I presume there'll be some visual surprise when it hits zero.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 April, 2012, 01:13:25 PM
Tharg's delayed it on purpose 'cause the Chaos-Countdown-Clock doesn't reach its end-point til Monday.

I presume there'll be some visual surprise when it hits zero.

Quote from: Molch-R on 27 April, 2012, 08:36:47 PM
Quote from: moly on 27 April, 2012, 06:37:38 PM
but tooth is out tomorrow and the countdown finishes sunday ?

Your maths is a bit off, try Monday.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

radiator

I might be wrong but didn't the subscribers progs used to always turn up on the Monday? When they started to regularly arrive on saturdays the subs dept said that this was unplanned and probably temporary. Frustrating though it is to wait for that fix of dredd, it seems a little harsh to complain.

jabish

Aw I'm not complaining about Rebellion subs. Denise has always been brilliant with my constant moving house due to work. Its definitely down to Royal Mail. I'll be giving them a bell to get another copy of 1780 sent as that never showed up last week, so I'm a week behind as well. Dodging spoilers like crazy.

Guess there's a lot of us in the same boat this week though. Even if it comes on monday I may have to get a digital copy of last weeks so as not to spoil Dredd on myself.

:-\

Pete Wells

My Saturday lie in with the prog is the highlight of my week. It kills me when there's no prog  :'(

Bat King

Quote from: jabish on 28 April, 2012, 01:44:43 PM
Aw I'm not complaining about Rebellion subs. Denise has always been brilliant with my constant moving house due to work. Its definitely down to Royal Mail. I'll be giving them a bell to get another copy of 1780 sent as that never showed up last week, so I'm a week behind as well. Dodging spoilers like crazy.

Guess there's a lot of us in the same boat this week though. Even if it comes on monday I may have to get a digital copy of last weeks so as not to spoil Dredd on myself.

:-\

Rosebud is his sledge.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

radiator

My copy of 1780 never showed either, couldnt wait so I ended up buying a copy from WH Smiths.

Pete Wells

Mine didn't come till Wednesday, hope it isn't the same this prog. 

WhitBloke

Quote from: radiator on 28 April, 2012, 01:28:45 PM
I might be wrong but didn't the subscribers progs used to always turn up on the Monday? When they started to regularly arrive on saturdays the subs dept said that this was unplanned and probably temporary. Frustrating though it is to wait for that fix of dredd, it seems a little harsh to complain.

I've only been a subbie for a couple of months so I suppose I'd got used to Saturday being the norm.  Cheers for the info, Radiator.
Not that I felt it was anybody's fault at Rebellion.  Heck, no.  If it wasn't for dodgy postal droids keeping my aim true, I wouldn't be able to hit the side of a munce factory.  So, at least they have some use in these parts at least.  (Of course, if it turns up looking like it's been used to bang in nails yet again, I might remember to take the safety off...)
So this is der place then, Johnny?