Main Menu

Qualifying 1: 8 - David Bishop or Leah Moore and John Reppion

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 May, 2020, 06:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Ah, now this is another tough one. I 'adore' Bishops work on Fiends - I really, really enjoyed it and his novel work for the Black Library was outstanding. However, he did write some misses, quite a few misses.

Leah & John as well have, for me - never quite 'clicked' in the prog. Until The last couple of Storm Warnings, that is.

Agh - Bishop.

Richard

Colin, please can you clarify whether this is just about comics or if it includes novels and Thrill-Power Overload and the like?

Rogue Judge

Bishop all the way. I absolutely loved his Fiends of the Eastern front novels and could read a dozen more.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richard on 12 May, 2020, 04:20:49 PM
Colin, please can you clarify whether this is just about comics or if it includes novels and Thrill-Power Overload and the like?

Written work for Tharg so I'm happy (not that that really matters - as I've said you can vote based on shoe size and I'd be none the wiser!) for folks to include it, particularly on the basis it Thrill Power Overload was first serialised in The Megazine.

In my mind the prose books on 2000ad characters would count in my thinking too - not that I've read many.

IndigoPrime

I guess prose is prose for Tharg's illustrious organ — and people were taking into account Dave Stone's Armitage novels.

Colin YNWA

Not done a count yet but I get the impression this is a close tussle. Get you're votes in before the morning (Monday) as it might swing it one way or another...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 May, 2020, 07:35:32 AM
Not done a count yet but I get the impression this is a close tussle. Get you're votes in before the morning (Monday) as it might swing it one way or another...

Just goes to show that a quick eye scan of the conversation doesn't give you a decent impression of the voting as this wasn't close at all and

David Bishop

Romped it.