Main Menu

The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]

Started by rogue69, 29 September, 2021, 08:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Disney+ have just announced that The Book of Boba Fett will premier on the 29th December 2021

sheridan

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

rogue69

Not a bad start to the series, explains how he escapes from the Sarlacc pit and what happens to him afterwards

JayzusB.Christ

I really enjoyed it - didn't want it to end in fact.  I didn't care that Boba was in Buster Bloodvessel cosplay for much of it, or that the Sarlacc had changed his accent from American to Kiwi - it was an action-packed blast and in true Mandalorian tradition we learn a lot more about the culture of alien races we've been familiar with for decades.  [spoiler]I never thought to question why Tuskens don't die of thirst[/spoiler].
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mardroid

I've seen criticism online, but I'm enjoying it. I think some aren't so keen due to the slower pace and less episodic nature than The Mandalorian (and I think the two timelines per episode get on some people's wick) but I think it works well. I love The Mandalorian, but I'm also glad this isn't more of the same (although both lean into the Western genre somewhat)  with just a different bloke in similar armour.

The train heist scene in the latest episode was particularly good.

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 December, 2021, 09:51:50 PM
[spoiler]I never thought to question why Tuskens don't die of thirst[/spoiler].

[spoiler]I confess, I was unaware those little black balls were meant to be melons, although it did seem strange that the Tuskens would intentionally bury their water in such small receptacles. Even odder was that there was a jet of water shooting out of the ground in an earlier scene and kid still made Boba and the rodian dig up melons.[/spoiler]

Radbacker

Episode 2 always great, especially liked it when Morrison went Once we Were Warriors on the bikies in the bar (if you haven't seen it or don't know Once we were Warriors also known as What becomes of the Broken Hearted in some regions was Temura Morrisons break out roll, watch it if you haven't he is a beast of a man in it who loves to booze and brawl and it's a god damn tragic movie we'll worth a couple of hours of your life).  Back to Book of Boba fett it fricken great I'd even say I'm enjoying it more that The Mandolorean.

CU Radbacker

Funt Solo

Quote from: Radbacker on 10 January, 2022, 03:47:18 AM
Once we were Warriors also known as What becomes of the Broken Hearted in some regions was Temura Morrisons break out roll, watch it if you haven't he is a beast of a man in it who loves to booze and brawl and it's a god damn tragic movie we'll worth a couple of hours of your life).

Oh yeah - Once Were Warriors is brutally affecting.

---

Mini-Solo has never really hooked into Star Wars, but she sat down for The Book of Boba Fett - intrigued by Ming-Na Wenn's character Fennec Shand. For her, the flashback went on a little too long (I think because she wanted to get back to what Fennec was up to) - but I'm excited about the new generation getting into the Wars.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

Interesting so far for me is that the SW TV Series so far has been great and proven that SW can work again but the movies (except Rogue One) was a sign it is time to sunset the franchise.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

Just watched episode 3.  A few nice surprises there - never expected to see [spoiler]Machete[/spoiler] on Tatooine, never mind a [spoiler]mod gang on hover-Vespas[/spoiler].
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

wedgeski

I thought Ep. 3 was a bit flat in places, specifically the [spoiler]wookiee fight and speeder chase[/spoiler], but there was plenty of other stuff to enjoy. I'm still waiting for this series to explode to life the way Mandalorian did.

IndigoPrime

Given that the episode was directed by Rodriguez, I'm amazed how lifeless [spoiler]the chase sequence[/spoiler] was. And some of the design decisions seem a bit out of place, like the [spoiler]kids, who appear to have been transported in from an entirely different show set in Japan, circa 2032[/spoiler]. But the broad strokes work well enough, and the characterisation throughout is solid. I especially liked how some depth was afforded to [spoiler]the Rancor[/spoiler], which I imagine might already be a part of extended canon, but was new to me.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 January, 2022, 11:09:14 AM
Given that the episode was directed by Rodriguez, I'm amazed how lifeless [spoiler]the chase sequence[/spoiler] was. And some of the design decisions seem a bit out of place, like the [spoiler]kids, who appear to have been transported in from an entirely different show set in Japan, circa 2032[/spoiler]. But the broad strokes work well enough, and the characterisation throughout is solid. I especially liked how some depth was afforded to [spoiler]the Rancor[/spoiler], which I imagine might already be a part of extended canon, but was new to me.

I agree about the [spoiler]chase[/spoiler], though I've never seen the attraction of [spoiler]movie car chases[/spoiler] anyway.   And yeah,  great to know a bit more about [spoiler]Rancors[/spoiler] - suddenly I felt a bit sorry for [spoiler]Jabba's one; which now seems like a potentially lovable dog that's been kept in inhumane conditions and trained for pitfighting.[/spoiler]

oshii

Its terribly handy that he manages to dream so chronologically.

CalHab

[spoiler]The chase sequence was comically bad, and appeared to be conducted at the languid pace of a tired bantha.[/spoiler]

All in all, that was by far the weakest episode so far.