Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Dash Decent vs Department K - Round 1 Heat 17

Started by Colin YNWA, 08 November, 2021, 06:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Funt Solo

Derivative, light-hearted, aimed at a younger audience and features giant space creatures ... describes both of these, so that's no help.

I vote Flash Gordon!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

O Lucky Stevie!

Upon reading the final episode of Dash Decent in the prog, Little Stevie took pen to foolscap page & wrote the script for the opening episode of a sequel entitled Judge Decent.

So Dash Decent it is.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

Wait, what??!!! What is all this about... Jez I give you folks a bit of responsibility...

DrJomster

Dash Decent? That's going back a bit!

Dept K is much better in my books! Dept K it is!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Funt Solo on 08 November, 2021, 10:10:25 PM
Derivative, light-hearted, aimed at a younger audience and features giant space creatures ... describes both of these, so that's no help.

I vote Flash Gordon!

By which I mean Dash Decent, of course.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

redsquirrel

I've not read Dash Decent so I'll have to spoil my ballot on this one.

I thought Department K ok in the one offs but the extended series did not work for me

Colin YNWA

Well in theory this has one more day to go, but, and I've made this threat before, I may well keep this open until you lot get to the right answer. I try not to let my biases come into play too much here (ahem) but do you want a throw away parody strip or a glorious, imaginative tribute to one of comics great, which is bold enough to be its own thing at the same time? Well

WHICH ONE DO YOU WANT!!!!

...ahem...

...sorry...

...I'll ....errr... count up in the morning so get your votes into today... for Dept K, I'll set up another thread for Dash Decent votes later shall I...

sintec

First heat in a while where I've read both stories so I guess I should cast a vote. Think I've got to go for Dept K. What we've had so far has been fun and it feels like a strip with potential. Having recently read Dash Decent in Cosmic Comics it's ok but it's very of it's time.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well I think I've made my feelings quite clear here and i now need a word with you lot. If I'm going to let you do this and make your choices you need to do that mty agreeing with me on some key decisions... right... you got it.... look there's a lot, a LOT of votes coming in this tourney so I'm going to let you have this one but do anything like this again and we'll have to think about that.

Got it...

anyway...

Dash Decent

gets into Round 2 ... even though Department K is magnificent!

Link Prime

Missed this round, but my Dash Decent vote was irrelevant anyway!

sheridan

Missed my chance, but it would have been for Flash Gordon in the style of Leo Baxendale anyway :-D

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 11 November, 2021, 11:16:00 AM

Quote from: sheridan on 11 November, 2021, 11:33:52 AM
Missed my chance, but it would have been for Flash Gordon in the style of Leo Baxendale anyway :-D

Just 'cos you're late doesn't mean I'm not adding you to my list...

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 11 November, 2021, 11:56:19 AM
Quote from: Link Prime on 11 November, 2021, 11:16:00 AM

Quote from: sheridan on 11 November, 2021, 11:33:52 AM

Just 'cos you're late doesn't mean I'm not adding you to my list...

We're already both on a certain list - I'll have to contact Eamonn and find out if he's interested in a Dash Decent / Bonjo / Captain Klep marathon Mega-City Book Club :-P