Main Menu

A Trick of the Light - Retro 70’s girls comic

Started by alphadogau, 09 November, 2021, 11:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alphadogau

Are we there yet?

DrJomster

Thanks for the link! That looks pretty good actually!

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

Yeah that looks brilliant - Backed - just sad I missed the sketch tiers!

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

CalHab

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 09 November, 2021, 12:52:45 PM
Yeah that looks brilliant - Backed - just sad I missed the sketch tiers!

I hum and hawed on the first day, then when I went back they were all gone. My fault!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

well, i nearly always back out of kickstarter projects when the shipping fees pop up and floor me.

but this looks truly accomplished, amazing and affectionate.

so backed! what a star this creator is going to be.

Link Prime

Have to say, that does look excellent.

It's got another backer.  :thumbsup:

Richmond Clements

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

alphadogau

Are we there yet?

JayzusB.Christ

That's some lovely artwork. I only got round to watching Children of the Stones last year.  So more of this kind of thing please.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

My copy of this turned up this morning, and I am utterly gobsmacked. It's beautiful! Will report back when I've read it.
SBT

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

my copy has just this moment arrived. what a stunning artefact it is.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Having now read it, all I can say is that I am in awe of Aly Fell. I have no idea how this took to draw, and whether Aly is the sort of creator who would even consider working for hire when their creator-owned product can result in something like 'A Trick of the Light', but if I were Tharg I would be laying golden coins at their feet in an effort to bring them on board.

It's a beautiful comic- the story is perfectly pitched and convincing, the art is beyond words. Even the lettering, so easy to get wrong, is spot on.

I'd implore everyone reading this to get a copy. And can you imagine a prog with Fell involved? A strip by Fell, another by Adam Brockbank (Mezolith), now *that* would be a move towards a new era long overdue, to my mind.

SBT