Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Zenith vs. Harry Twenty Round 2 Heat 20

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 February, 2022, 06:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Blue Cactus

Happy to see Zenith go through to the next round but for I'm giving child-me the deciding vote here.

Harry Twenty

Magnetica

Funt Solo

Of course Zenith's not about Zenith! Harry Twenty is fun and all, but the dark gods in Zenith have the benefit of actually being dark. "Oh dear, I think I broke him!"

Zenith
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

norton canes

sheridan

I'd be happy with either going through and shall decline to try to decide - I think a case could be made that they're the greatest works of all creators involved (script and art droids included).  I'm being as non-committal as possible here :)

Southstreeter

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

this is truly horrible.

one of the two or three most thought-provoking and elegantly written thrills that has ever graced the prog.

against gfd at his stupendously, dreadfully, wordplaying punning worst/best, along with the apprenticeship of the truly great alan davis - in a thrill that was so absurdly exciting that i would wish the week away, hungry for the next episode.

och, nostalgia wins in extra time.
harry twenty.

AlexF

Quote from: norton canes on 01 February, 2022, 02:55:44 PM
Zenith

(What was the joke behind 'Genghis Eighteen'?)

Did not know this at the time, but it appears that Genghis is a brand of drum kit bits, including an 18 inch crash cymbal.
Not quite in the same league of recognisability as Root 66 or the Big Red 1, but maybe it's funnier if you have that drum kit at home?

norton canes

Ah. It's cool to be niche, I guess.

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 02 February, 2022, 12:02:39 AM
one of the two or three most thought-provoking and elegantly written thrills that has ever graced the prog.

against gfd at his stupendously, dreadfully, wordplaying punning worst/best, along with the apprenticeship of the truly great alan davis - in a thrill that was so absurdly exciting that i would wish the week away, hungry for the next episode

Exactly my thoughts (though I voted Zenith)

Link Prime

Zenith had so many holy shit moments it deserves to reach the final, and hopefully will.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 02 February, 2022, 11:21:36 AM
Zenith had so many holy shit moments it deserves to reach the final, and hopefully will.

Ohhh bold call, and one I know some others will agree with. I have a list in my head of thrills that could and should reach the Quarter Finals. Its about 15 thrills long for the 8 places available (it varies as I've never bothered to right it down!) - its going to get mercilessly tough.

I do have a prediction for the final IF (and its a blooming big if) the draw doesn't make it happen beforehand. I should write it down in a sealed envelop to see what happens!

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 02 February, 2022, 11:37:32 AM
I do have a prediction for the final IF (and its a blooming big if) the draw doesn't make it happen beforehand. I should write it down in a sealed envelop to see what happens!

You should definitely do that.
Maybe PM it to a trustworthy Forum user (* if / when Tordelback returns).

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 02 February, 2022, 12:14:34 PM

You should definitely do that.
Maybe PM it to a trustworthy Forum user (* if / when Tordelback returns).

Ohhh I'm happy to play that game. Happy to send it to you and / or we could get someone whose happy to to take other folks prediction in a sealed PM envelope! That would be fun.

Timothy

Quote from: Link Prime on 02 February, 2022, 11:21:36 AM

Ohhh bold call, and one I know some others will agree with. I have a list in my head of thrills that could and should reach the Quarter Finals. Its about 15 thrills long for the 8 places available (it varies as I've never bothered to right it down!) - its going to get mercilessly tough.

Just remember that The Killing defied your expectations.