Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Sinister Dexter vs. Tales of Telguuth Rd 2 Heat 32

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 February, 2022, 06:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Sinister Dexter, for obvious reasons.

But Tales of Telguuth is one of my favourite prog things of the last thirty years. I was going to say 'the modern era', but it's not really that, is it. It's ages ago. Reading the collection a couple of years ago, I was shocked at how well it all fit together, as I had previously thought they were all just unconnected one-offs and shorts. Steve Moore was a bit of a genius, wasn't he?

SBT

Dark Jimbo

Has to be Sinister Dexter, obviously - but this isn't a vote I feel good about, as I love Tales of Telguuth and was all geared up to show it some live when it appeared in this round. Tough draw.
@jamesfeistdraws

DrJomster

Sin Dex. An iconic part of the prog. It's had the odd up and down, but so have a lot of top thrills tbh and they're still well loved.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Richard

QuoteI couldn't help thinking some of the stories got a bit samey - protagonist thinks they've got a handle on things to get what they want, only to fall foul of a rival/demon/their own arrogance.

I never got tired of that format though! I enjoyed all the nastiness too.

Telguuth for me.

Colin YNWA

Its one day to results time in Downlode and we think we have a handle on which way this is going. There is a day of votes to go however and Tales of Telguuth is having a bit of a rally there and who knows... well we all will in the morning when I'll count up.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

I worry for Sinister Dexter. As any long term reader could know if they tolerated my endless guff I love the thrill. I just think its long lost its shine for many a reader and I'm not sure how it will fare against stronger opposition? Maybe I'm being unfair on Tales of Telguuth, a series I was never a fan of, and got a lot more love here than I expected (projecting again Taylor!). The series of done in ones may have been a tougher hit than I'd have thought. We'll see as we go on. For now all we can say is

Sinister Dexter

Will be firing vote bullets in Round 3.

Funt Solo

Sin Dex started out with the sort of every episode a stand-alone that lots of television shows rely on. Then we got longer narrative arcs with recurring characters where it felt like death was meaningful. Then it went all inter-dimensional and death wasn't permanent and it lost any sense of narrative cohesion.

I'm actually enjoying the current arc but it's well past its prime in terms of heft.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++