Main Menu

WHERE IS THE LAUGHING SMILEY?

Started by Matt Timson, 29 November, 2009, 02:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

Seriously- where is it?  We used to have one and now it's gone.

THIS IS SERIOUS INTERNET BUSINESS.

Could we have it back, please?  And if not, why not?
Pffft...

Jared Katooie

It's made even more insulting by the fact that "wink" and "kiss" are completely identical. What a tragic waste...

Peter Wolf

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Tweak72

:D this one? : + D
;D this one is ; + D

bring back the geek ones I say
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

James Stacey

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Tweak72 on 30 November, 2009, 04:48:29 PM
:D this one? : + D
;D this one is ; + D

bring back the geek ones I say

;D

Thats the "Grin" smily which isnt quite the same thing.

The laughing smiley looked like it was laughing and was one of those smilies that moves.It was the best one of the lot and it even looked funny.It made me laugh anyway.

It disappeared when the new look forum was launched earlier this year but it was there before that.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Matt Timson

Would I be right in thinking that Wake doesn't actually moderate this board anymore?

I only ask because Wake would tend to answer any question, no matter how inane, pretty much the same day it was asked.

And while I've got my moaning head on, "view new replies to your posts", isn't nearly as helpful as, "view your posts".  Simply viewing my posts will turn up any replies, but if there haven't been any replies, then viewing my posts means going through my profile- which isn't the greatest hardship in the world, but it is annoying.

Yes, I'm aware that there is an opportunity for some piss-taking there.

So who does moderate the place now?  Anyone?
Pffft...

Dark Jimbo

I second the question (about the smiley, that is.) Sometimes, Thyrllseeker will post something for which there are no simply words to reply with, that can only be answered by a laughing smiley.
@jamesfeistdraws

Matt Timson

Ahhh... I see that there is a moderation button.  That doesn't work.

::)
Pffft...

VinceBot

In what way isn't it working? You're talking about the button, right?

We have the Website and Forum subforum for bug reports and what have you.

Gladly, Wake still moderates the board and brings issues to our attention, but he doesn't actually administrate the board since we moved the site across to our servers.

Wink and Kiss might be the same smiley depending on which smiley set you're using.

The laughing smiley probably went walkabout when we changed forum software - one forum has one set of smileys, the other has another set. For a while we were using just the defaults, then added in other less ugly sets. Now we're looking into consolidating back to one format so we can have custom smilies.

W. R. Logan

Quote from: VinceBot on 08 December, 2009, 02:34:41 PM
Gladly, Wake still moderates the board and brings issues to our attention, but he doesn't actually administrate the board since we moved the site across to our servers.

Personally Wake deserves a medal for still moderating this rabble and when it comes to looking up stuff to do with TGGC i still use Barney more than I do the official site.

Matt Timson

Quote from: VinceBot on 08 December, 2009, 02:34:41 PM
In what way isn't it working? You're talking about the button, right?

We have the Website and Forum subforum for bug reports and what have you.

Wink and Kiss might be the same smiley depending on which smiley set you're using.

The laughing smiley probably went walkabout when we changed forum software - one forum has one set of smileys, the other has another set. For a while we were using just the defaults, then added in other less ugly sets. Now we're looking into consolidating back to one format so we can have custom smilies.

Christ on a bike- I've looked all over this rat-hole for that (or something like it).  Was it really right there all this time, or did you add it just now to humiliate me?  :-[

I need that laughing smiley.  It's important for people to know when I'm laughing at them.

I just want the world and his wife- and I want it now.  Is that really so much to ask?

There's a big, black 'moderation' under the reply button- I just assumed that it was a way to whine to the mods that wasn't working for me.  Sorry about that.
Pffft...

VinceBot

Welp, I don't have time to sort it out right now, but I can try to make sure it gets reintegrated when we consolidate the smiley packs.

Can you tell me what code you'd normally use to bring up the smiley (like ":)") , and link me to the image?

Matt Timson

It was just a bog standard laughing smiley, with the complicated code of :lol:

If you're going to be putting yourself out anyway- you ought to add this one as well:

It's good for all occasions!

Pffft...