Main Menu

Dog Soldiers

Started by Oddboy, 07 June, 2002, 03:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Saw Dog Soldiers last night.

Best horror film I've seen in a long time.

Quite grotesque in parts but pretty darn fine!

Can't get the sound of that sword out of my head & it's driving me balmy!
Better set your phaser to stun.

paulvonscott

Yeah, if anyone hasn't seen it, please do before it finishes its run.  I could defintitely do with more movies like this, especially when the only other horror movies at the cinema tened to be teen slasher (okay, thats an exageration).

Very funny, very bloody and very violent (actually I think its only a 15, but you'd never guess).  By the end it's a right old maelstrom of carnage.

And next time someone mentions someone called Spoon, you won't be thinking of button moon, believe me.

Ol^ Marbles

Yeh its a good film - kinda 'Evil Dead 2' meets 'Aliens' and 'American Werewolf In London' in a low budget Brit-flick style. Or sommat.
A few choice lines in it as well.

GordonR

>A few choice lines in it as well.

Except for the last 'yippee kay-yay mother-fucker' type action movie line, which is downright embarassing.

I mean, I know that footie is a running theme throughout the moviem and that it's supposed to be set on the night of last year's 1-5 drubbing of Germany, but that last line is awful.

PS.  Go, Argentina!

Mk13

>PS. Go, Argentina!

What's up, your national team too shite to qualify for a game of marbles, perchance?

GordonR

Yeah, keep it up, matey.  Your boys will still be home before the postcards.

Oddboy

'ay!
I don't want no racist football remarks spoiling my nice movie topic.

Shoot the dog.

Mk13

Yeah, but at least they won't be postcards of the Forth Bridge (though they'll probably take less time to arrive from Japan than Consignia could manage from up north).

Couldn't really care less how England do - I've got money on Italy.

GordonR

>>Couldn't really care less how England do - I've got money on Italy.>>

How about a friendly wager then, Mark?  If Argentina win, then I get that free Rogue Trooper biochip keyring thingy that I've been secretly after for months.  

If England win, I  promise to actually do the next interview/PR request you forward to me.

Deal?  ;>

Mk13

Hmm, sounds like a dodgy deal from my end, but fair enough - though I'm not sure what's less likely, England winning or you doing an interview...

Of course if we do win, I will find the most psychotically devoted zine and offer them an interview, you realise...  ;)

GordonR

Deal.

Just as long as it's not Borderline, though...

Oddboy

One-Nil to England at Half Time.

Penalty score from Mr Beckham!

Wooo HOOOO!

Oddboy

And after a nerve-whacking 2nd half...

ENGLAND 1 - 0 ARGENTINA!

We have a result, ladies & gentlemen!

Mk13

Mk13